|Full Name||Caleb Reginald McLaughlin|
|Age||21 years old (born October 13, 2001)|
|Birthplace||Carmel, New York, United States|
|Notable Roles||Lucas Sinclair in Stranger Things, Young Simba in The Lion King broadway musical|
|Awards||Screen Actors Guild Award (2017)|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube|
Caleb McLaughlin is an American actor who has quickly risen to fame in recent years due to his standout role on the hit Netflix series Stranger Things. Though just 21 years old, Caleb‘s obvious on-screen charisma and varied acting talents have already propelled him to the level of a Hollywood star.
Humble Beginnings in New York
Caleb McLaughlin was born in the small town of Carmel, New York on October 13, 2001. From a young age, Caleb expressed a keen interest in singing, dancing, and acting. With the encouragement of his parents, April and Corey, Caleb began taking lessons and auditioning for local productions.
By age 11, Caleb had landed his first big break – being cast as Young Simba in the Broadway production of The Lion King. Moving to New York City and performing 8 shows per week was a significant commitment for such a young performer, but Caleb‘s natural stage presence shone through. He ended up thriving in the role for over a year and even won a Broadway Beacon Award for his performance.
International Fame with Stranger Things
In 2016, Caleb was cast in a new Netflix sci-fi series called Stranger Things. The show became an unexpected hit, with Caleb‘s character Lucas Sinclair emerging as a fan favorite among the group of plucky pre-teens investigating mysterious supernatural events in their small town.
As a longtime superfan of Caleb, I was not surprised to see him become the breakout star of the show. He brought humor, vulnerability, and depth to the role of Lucas. The on-screen chemistry between Caleb and his young co-stars like Finn Wolfhard and Millie Bobby Brown was also undeniable.
Within months, Caleb went from a working actor to an internationally famous teen star. Seeing him handle the pressures of fame so gracefully at just 14 years old made me respect him even more as both a person and a performer.
Caleb‘s compelling performance on Stranger Things has earned him nominations and wins from some of the most prestigious acting awards:
- Screen Actors Guild Awards: In 2017, Caleb made history as the youngest actor to ever win Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series. His poise and humility while accepting the award that night remains an iconic awards show moment.
- MTV Movie & TV Awards: Caleb has been nominated for Best On-Screen Team alongside his fellow Stranger Things kids in 2018 and 2022.
- Teen Choice Awards: He received a nomination for Choice Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor in 2018.
- NAACP Image Awards: Nominations for Outstanding Ensemble in a Drama Series for Stranger Things in 2017, 2018 and 2022.
The fact that Caleb has been so embraced by his peers and critics alike speaks volumes about his undeniable on-screen talent.
Other Notable Roles
While undoubtedly launched to stardom by Stranger Things, Caleb has also taken on some notable additional acting projects over the years:
- The New Edition Story (2016) – Caleb played a young Ralph Tresvant in this BET biopic about the R&B group New Edition. His musical chops were on full display.
- Black Panther (2018) – Caleb brought heartbreaking vulnerability to his brief but impactful role as young Killmonger.
- High Flying Bird (2019) – Caleb held his own acting opposite André Holland in this sports drama directed by Steven Soderbergh.
- Let Them All Talk (2020) – Another Soderbergh collaboration, this time alongside acting heavyweights like Meryl Streep and Lucas Hedges.
What impresses me most about Caleb‘s filmography so far is his willingness to take on risky, complex roles—he clearly isn‘t interested in playing it safe.
Giving Back through Charity Work
Despite his busy acting schedule, Caleb makes time to give back to causes he cares about. He has volunteered with the YMCA, helped raise money for hurricane relief, and partnered with the Thirst Project to improve access to clean drinking water worldwide.
Caleb also filmed a PSA promoting STEM education in 2018. His genuine commitment to making the world a better place has only bolstered my admiration for him over the years.
Leading Man Potential
As Stranger Things approaches its fifth and final season, it will soon be time for Caleb McLaughlin to embark on the next chapter of his career. If his achievements so far are any indication, Caleb certainly has the talent and drive to transition into leading man movie roles.
No matter what parts he takes on next, I know myself and fellow fans worldwide will be supporting him every step of the way. The future couldn‘t look brighter for this charming, humble, and insanely gifted young actor.