|Full Name||Elmer Figueroa Arce|
|Birthday||June 28, 1968|
|Relationship||Married to Marilisa Maronesse|
Singer/actor Chayanne released 21 albums, selling 50M+ records globally. With his velvety vocals, dynamic dance moves, and magnetic charisma, Chayanne has captivated listeners across Latin America and internationally for over 30 years. He first stepped into fame as a child star with the popular Latin boy band Menudo in the late 1970s before launching a hugely successful solo career in the late 80s.
From Teen Idol to Adult Hitmaker
After leaving Menudo in the mid-1980s, a teenage Chayanne embarked on his solo career with his self-titled debut Chayanne in 1987. Just a year later, his sophomore album Chayanne es mi Nombre earned him his first Grammy nomination and catapulted him into Latin pop stardom with the smash hit title track. Throughout the 90s, Chayanne continued to top charts and pack stadiums across Latin America with dance-pop hits like "Fiesta en America," “Tu Pirata Soy Yo,” and “Salomé.”
In 1998, Chayanne released his English language crossover album, I Don‘t Want to Lose You, featuring English versions of his popular Spanish singles. His efforts paid off in 2000 with the release of Simplemente and the soaring ballad “Can’t Stay Away from You” – his first Top 40 hit on the US Billboard Hot 100.
Soaring to Crossover Success
Some highlights of Chayanne‘s illustrious career:
- 21 studio albums released
- Over 30 million records sold worldwide
- Numerous #1 hits on Billboard‘s Latin charts
- First Latin artist to hold consecutive concerts at Madison Square Garden (2006)
- Starred in major films like Dance with Me (1998) and Goal II: Living the Dream (2007)
- Lead role in popular Spanish TV series Más Sabe el Diablo (2009-2010)
- 2 Grammy Awards and multiple other accolades
In 2014, Chayanne‘s contributions to Latin music were recognized when he received the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award at the Latin Grammy Awards. Though now in his 50s, Chayanne continues to expand his artistic horizons with new albums and creative directions that delight his longtime fans.
Philanthropy and Activism
Beyond his artistic accomplishments, Chayanne dedicates his time and celebrity platform to philanthropy and activism:
- Strong supporter of American Cancer Society, Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Donated $100,000 to Hurricane Maria victims in Puerto Rico through his nonprofit foundation
- Named UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador (2008) for advocacy on children‘s rights
- Works to raise awareness on education, nutrition, and protection for disadvantaged youth
Legacy as a Latin Music Trailblazer
With his velvety vocals, charm, and dynamic stage presence, Chayanne has rightfully earned his place among the Latin music greats. After over 30 illustrious years of bridging pop and Latin music for global audiences, he has cemented his legacy as a true pioneer and trailblazer.