|Full Name||Dennis William Quaid|
|Birthday||April 9, 1954|
|Born||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Social Profiles||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
Dennis Quaid is an actor known for comedic and dramatic roles since the 1970s. He is considered one of the most versatile actors of his generation.
Early Life and Influences
- Born in Houston, Texas to an electrician father and real estate agent mother.
- Developed a passion for acting at a young age, appearing in a local theater commercial when he was just 4 years old.
- Was greatly inspired by his older brother and fellow actor Randy Quaid, who motivated him to move to Hollywood.
- Studied acting at the University of Houston before dropping out to pursue his dream.
Rise to Fame and Notable Roles
- Rose to prominence with breakthrough role in coming-of-age classic Breaking Away (1979).
- Delivered a powerful performance as astronaut Gordon Cooper in The Right Stuff (1983).
- Displayed his romantic side in hits like The Big Easy (1986), Innerspace (1987) and Great Balls of Fire (1989).
- Reunited with Meg Ryan in popular romantic comedies like D.O.A. (1988) and Flesh and Bone (1993).
- Portrayed roles ranging from parent to president in The Parent Trap (1998) and American Dreamz (2006).
- Earned acclaim for his work in Far From Heaven (2002) and was nominated for an Oscar for The Express (2008).
- Made a smooth transition to more mature roles in recent films like I Can Only Imagine (2018) and Midway (2019).
Personal Life and Family
- Married thrice – first to actress P.J Soles (1978-1983), then Meg Ryan (1991-2001) with whom he has a son Jack Quaid.
- His third marriage was to real estate agent Kimberly Buffington (2004-2018), with whom he has 10-year old twins Thomas and Zoe.
- Has been open about overcoming cocaine addiction after suffering a near-fatal overdose in 1990s.
- An avid golfer, musician and supporter of charity organizations like the International Hospital for Children in New Orleans.
Why We Love Dennis Quaid
He‘s a versatile actor: From comedies to dramas, Dennis Quaid has displayed incredible range and commitment to each of his roles.
He has timeless charisma: Quaid‘s energy, charm and passion for his craft continue to captivate audiences new and old.
He persevered through adversity: His journey overcoming addiction and rediscovering his love for acting is inspiring.
He‘s multi-talented: Apart from acting, Quaid is also a musician, golfer and pilot.
He‘s aged gracefully: Now in his late 60s, he still has the same magnetic presence and zeal for taking on new challenges.
5 Interesting Facts About Dennis Quaid
- Had his first acting role at age 4 in a local theater commercial.
- Was a musician before becoming an actor, even writing songs for The New Christy Minstrels.
- Has been married three times and is father to three children, including actor Jack Quaid.
- Has starred in over 70 films throughout his prolific career so far.
- Is a licensed pilot and owns a private plane. He even does his own stunts in films sometimes!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Dennis Quaid‘s birthday?
Dennis Quaid was born on April 9, 1954. He is currently 69 years old.
What is Dennis Quaid‘s net worth?
According to reports, Dennis Quaid has an estimated net worth of $30 million.
How many times has Dennis Quaid been married?
Dennis Quaid has been married three times – to P.J. Soles, Meg Ryan and Kimberly Buffington.
How many children does Dennis Quaid have?
Dennis Quaid has three children – son Jack Quaid from his marriage to Meg Ryan, and twins Thomas and Zoe from his third marriage.
What was Dennis Quaid‘s breakthrough role?
Dennis Quaid‘s role in the coming-of-age film Breaking Away in 1979 is considered his breakthrough role that shot him to fame.