|Full Name||Elena Jane Goulding|
|Birthday||December 30, 1986|
|Relationship||Married to Caspar Jopling|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube|
Ellie Goulding is an English singer and songwriter who rose to fame after being noticed by record producers and her manager Jamie Lillywhite. With her unique vocal style and catchy pop beats, she has become one of the most successful international pop stars of the 2010s.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Born Elena Jane Goulding on December 30, 1986 in Hereford, England, Ellie developed an early interest in music. She started playing guitar at age 14 and taught herself to play drums and piano within the next year. While attending Lady Hawkins‘ High School, she became involved in local talent shows and started writing her own songs.
After high school, Goulding went on to study theater at the University of Kent while still pursuing music on the side. She was discovered at a university talent contest by Jamie Lillywhite, who later became her manager. With this new guidance, she left university after two years to focus solely on launching her music career.
In 2009, Ellie self-released her debut EP, An Introduction to Ellie Goulding, which helped garner interest from record labels. She was soon signed to Polydor Records and started work on her full-length studio debut.
Ellie‘s first studio album, Lights, was released in 2010, debuting at number one on the UK Albums Chart. The title track became her breakout single, reaching number two on the UK Singles Chart the next year. Other singles like "Starry Eyed" and "Guns and Horses" also saw mainstream success.
Her 2012 sophomore album Halcyon peaked at number two in the UK and was certified platinum. Major hits included "Anything Could Happen," "Figure 8," and "I Know You Care." As her fame grew, Ellie had the honor of performing at President Obama‘s reelection campaign in 2012 and the White House State Dinner that same year.
In 2015, Ellie recorded the massively popular single "Love Me Like You Do" for the Fifty Shades of Grey film soundtrack. It became her first UK number one as well as her breakthrough hit in the US, earning her Grammy nominations for Record and Song of the Year.
Other major accomplishments include:
- "Love Me Like You Do" breaking the record for most streams by a female artist in a week
- Delirium album debuting at number 3 on the Billboard 200 chart
- First female British artist to hit over 1 billion streams on Spotify
Ellie released her third studio album, Delirium, in 2015 led by the singles "On My Mind," "Army," and "Something in the Way You Move." She also collaborated with top DJs like Calvin Harris, Diplo, and Kygo around this time.
Her 2020 album Brightest Blue debuted at number 3 in the UK and included the hit "Worry About Me" featuring blackbear. She also put out Brightest Blue (Extra Version) with additional new tracks.
Beyond music, Ellie stays active with charitable projects like fundraising for homelessness and the UN refugee agency. She has an activewear line called EG x Nike and served as an ambassador for Mulberry handbags.
Why We Love Ellie Goulding
There are so many reasons Ellie Goulding is adored by fans across the globe:
- Her unique, wispy vocals that range from ethereal to powerful
- Infusing electronic and pop to create catchy yet deep tracks
- Honest, relatable lyrics covering love, heartbreak and self-discovery
- Striking live shows with her incredible energy and presence
- Ability to crossover from indie to mainstream pop seamlessly
- Giving back through charity work and promoting positive messages
- Remaining down-to-earth despite her massive success and fame
5 Interesting Facts About Ellie Goulding
- She was hired to perform at Prince William and Kate Middleton‘s wedding in 2011.
- Ellie ran her first marathon in 2016 and continues to run for charity.
- She‘s been open about dealing with anxiety and panic attacks in her younger years.
- The music video for "Burn" was shot in one continuous take and went viral.
- She sang the National Anthem at the FA Cup Final in 2018 before the royal family.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Ellie Goulding‘s birthday?
Ellie Goulding was born on December 30, 1986. She turns 36 this year.
What is Ellie Goulding‘s net worth?
Ellie Goulding has an estimated net worth of $30 million. Her wealth comes from music sales, touring revenue, endorsements and other business ventures. As one of the UK‘s most successful pop exports, she earns ample income from her chart-topping releases.