|Full Name||Eva Marisol Gutowski|
|Birthday||July 29, 1994|
|Birthplace||Brea, California, United States|
|Occupation||YouTuber, Influencer, Author, Actress|
|Subscribers||11.4 million (MyLifeAsEva)|
|Total Views||2.2 billion+|
|Associated Acts||Patrick Simondac, Brent Rivera, Lexi Hensler|
|Net Worth||est. $4 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube|
Eva Gutowski is an YouTube influencer and actress who has gained massive popularity through her comedy and lifestyle videos. With over 11 million subscribers on her main channel MyLifeAsEva, Eva was ranked #4 by Variety magazine in their 2015 Famechangers list recognizing rising digital stars.
Early Life and Background
Born on July 29, 1994, Eva grew up in Brea, California with her sister Sabrina and parents Stan and Anne. From a young age, Eva developed a passion for performing. She was a competitive dancer for over 10 years and also enjoyed singing and acting growing up.
Eva graduated from Chaparral High School in 2012, where she was an honors student and cheerleader. She then attended California State University Fullerton, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Entertainment Studies.
During college, Eva interned at TMZ to gain experience in the entertainment industry. She also began posting videos on YouTube for fun in 2011, never expecting that in just a few short years she would become a viral sensation.
Rise to YouTube Stardom
Eva‘s first YouTube video was a makeup tutorial posted in July 2011. Early videos consisted of beauty tips, fashion lookbooks, and daily routines.
As she became more comfortable on camera, Eva started posting more vlog, comedy sketch, and challenge videos. She quickly realized comedy was her passion. Her bubbly, expressive personality translated well on camera and helped her stand out in the crowded beauty guru space.
By early 2015, Eva‘s channel surpassed 1 million subscribers. Some of her most popular videos included comedy sketches like "When Your Boyfriend Catches You Cheating" and "Types of Students in Class".
Eva‘s charisma, candid humor and storytelling abilities propelled her popularity. In 2017, she was cast as the lead in Freeform‘s TV movie Fame High, which brought new audiences to her channel.
Today, Eva has over 11.4 million subscribers and 2.2 billion lifetime views. She continues to post weekly videos featuring comedy, beauty, advice and lifestyle content.
Collaborations and Relationships
A major part of Eva‘s success has been collaborations with other top YouTubers. She frequently appears in videos with:
- Patrick Simondac – Her best friend and creative collaborator behind the scenes
- Brent Rivera – Star of the famous "867-5309" series where she plays his love interest
- Lexi Hensler – Best known for TikTok; the two create "Recreating Your Childhood Photos" videos
- Teala Dunn, Sierra Furtado – Her close friends who often guest star in comedy sketches
These collaborations introduce Eva to new audiences and help showcase her quirky personality and comedic skills to fans.
Other Projects and Achievements
In addition to her highly successful YouTube channel, Eva has explored many other projects:
- Authored two books – "My Life as Eva: The Struggle is Real" in 2015 and "Girl Code: Gaming, Going Viral, and Getting It Done" in 2017
- Starred as the lead in Freeform‘s 2017 movie Fame High about a performing arts high school
- Launched merchandise lines including clothing, accessories and coffee products
- Appeared in YouTube Original Series Hyperlinked with other teen influencers
- Partnered with major brands like CoverGirl, Clinique, U by Kotex, and Target
- Uses her platform to speak out on positive body image, mental health, and empowering girls
Fun Facts About Eva
- She‘s obsessed with iced coffee and even released her own "Coffee Makes Me Nicer" merch line
- Zac Efron was her ultimate crush growing up – when she finally met him in 2020, Eva freaking out went viral online
- She‘s a huge pop culture junkie and even interned for TMZ in college
- Her two dogs, Indie and Emmy, make frequent cameos in her videos
- Growing up, Eva was an honors student, competitive dancer and cheerleader
- She lived in the same apartment building as fellow YouTuber Patrick Simondac for years and they began collaborating
The Secret to Eva‘s Success
When asked about the secret to her success, Eva says:
“I’m just Eva. I’m the same person I was before I had any sort of following. I think being yourself and being realistic and honest with your audience is super important.”
Eva‘s meteoric rise to YouTube stardom stems from her genuine personality and comedic talents. She represents the power of social media to catapult ordinary people into Hollywood-level fame. With over a decade entertaining millions of fans, it‘s clear this bubbly SoCal girl won‘t be leaving the spotlight anytime soon.