|Full Name||Gauri Khan|
|Birthday||October 8, 1970 (Age 53)|
|Born||New Delhi, India|
|Spouse||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Children||Aryan, Suhana, AbRam|
|Net Worth||$215 million|
Gauri Khan is an Indian film producer, fashion designer and co-founder of Red Chillies Entertainment. She has been married to Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan since 1991.
Early Life and Background
Gauri was born in New Delhi on October 8, 1970 to Savita and Colonel Ramesh Chandra Chhiba. She has an older brother, Vikrant and a younger sister, Namita.
As an army officer‘s daughter, Gauri grew up living in different parts of India. She did her schooling from Loreto Convent in Delhi and graduated with a degree in History from Lady Shri Ram College.
It was during her college days that a friend took Gauri to a party where she met Shah Rukh Khan for the first time in 1984. Sparks flew between the two and they started dating. After a 6 year long romance, Gauri and SRK tied the knot on October 25, 1991.
Marriage and Family Life
Gauri and SRK are parents to three children – son Aryan (b. 1997), daughter Suhana (b. 2000), and a third child, AbRam (b.2013) who was born through surrogacy.
The family is very close-knit, with Shah Rukh famously declaring his love for Gauri publicly: "She is my anchor. The most normal person I know."
In 1994, Gauri made her debut as a producer when she produced SRK-starrer Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa under her production house Dreamz Unlimited. This made her the first female producer in India!
Some of her other major career highlights include:
Film Production Hits
- Om Shanti Om (2007) – Blockbuster that won many awards
- Chennai Express (2013) – All-time Bollywood box office hit
- Happy New Year (2014) – High-grossing comedy film
- Raees (2017) – Crime thriller starring SRK
Interior Design Projects
- Designed luxury spa Kallistaa Spa in Sri Lanka (2008)
- Designed lavish 20,000 sq ft mansion for billionaire Jindals (2012)
- Designed restaurants like Arth and Sanchos in Mumbai
- Designed homes for several A-list Bollywood celebrities
In 2010, Gauri collaborated with designer duo Abu Jani Sandeep Khosla to launch her label The Designer‘s Label. She has also associated with Satya Paul and luxury retail stores to launch her designs.
Philanthropy and Social Causes
Gauri is an active philanthropist who supports various charitable foundations focused on child welfare, women‘s empowerment and education.
She has been involved with SRK‘s philanthropic initiatives like Make A Wish Foundation and regularly donates to causes like disaster relief funds.
According to Shah Rukh, Gauri prefers to keep her charity work private: "She doesn‘t like to talk about the goodness she does."
Interesting Facts and Trivia
- Gauri avoids media attention and is often seen hiding her face from cameras at public events
- Her in-laws fondly call her ‘Aphro‘ which is short for Aphrodite, Greek goddess of love and beauty
- She designed the interiors for all of SRK‘s six homes in Mumbai, including his grand sea-facing mansion Mannat
- She has appeared on popular international TV shows like Oprah Winfrey Show and David Letterman Show
- Gauri owns the Trinbago Knight Riders cricket team with SRK in the Caribbean Premier League
For an ardent Gauri fan like me, she represents the perfect blend of glamour, grace and ordinary domesticity. Beyond her celebrity status, she is an incredibly inspiring woman – a loving mother, a successful entrepreneur and a dedicated philanthropist. Her humble nature, strong value system and commitment to her family make her a true role model.