|Full Name||Goldie Jeanne Hawn|
|Age||77 years old|
|Birthday||November 21, 1945|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., United States|
|Occupation||Actress, Comedian, Dancer, Producer, Singer|
|Spouse||Gus Trikonis (m. 1969; div. 1976)
Bill Hudson (m. 1976; div. 1982)
|Partner||Kurt Russell (1983–present)|
|Children||Oliver Hudson, Kate Hudson|
|Awards||Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, BAFTA Award|
|Net worth||$90 million|
|Social media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
About the Multi-Talented Star
Goldie Hawn is a renowned American actress, comedian, dancer, producer and singer who has been entertaining audiences for over 50 years. Born in Washington D.C. in 1945, Hawn began taking dance lessons as a young child which paved the way for her career as a professional dancer on Broadway.
In 1967, Hawn relocated to California to pursue acting and got her breakout role in the 1969 film Cactus Flower for which she won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. This launched Hawn‘s wildly successful acting career through the 1970s and 1980s with starring roles in hit comedies like Private Benjamin, Overboard, and Death Becomes Her.
Beyond acting, Hawn also excelled as a producer, creating box office hits like The First Wives Club and Housesitter which she also starred in. And in 2003, the multi-talented star founded The Hawn Foundation, a nonprofit focused on bringing mindfulness practices into schools to help students regulate emotions.
Thanks to her diverse talents and warm, bubbly persona, Goldie Hawn has cemented herself as a beloved American icon.
Her Rise to Fame Timeline
- 1964 – Hawn makes her professional stage debut on Broadway in Seesaw.
- 1967 – She moves to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and appears in her first film The One and Only, Genuine, Original Family Band.
- 1969 – Wins an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in Cactus Flower.
- 1970 – Joins the cast of the sketch comedy show Rowan & Martin‘s Laugh-In and becomes hugely popular.
- 1980 – Stars in the hit comedy Private Benjamin earning a Golden Globe for her performance.
- 1992 – Plays a standout role in the comedy Death Becomes Her along with Meryl Streep.
- 1996 – Produces and stars in The First Wives Club which becomes a major box office success.
- 2003 – Founds The Hawn Foundation to bring mindfulness into schools.
- 2022 – Releases her second mindfulness book 7 Mindful Steps to Embodying Your Full Potential.
Her Legacy as an Actress and Comedian
With her bubbly charm, trademark giggle, and sharp comedic timing, Hawn left an indelible mark on comedy film history. She had a unique ability to draw in audiences with her free-spirited, fun-loving characters in laugh-out-loud films like Private Benjamin, Overboard, and Housesitter.
Hawn‘s comedic talents earned her international fame as well as prestigious awards like the Golden Globe and the Academy Award. Her comedy films continue to live on as beloved classics, entertaining generation after generation.
According to Hollywood insiders, Hawn was highly selective with her acting roles, carefully choosing characters that aligned with her values. She turned down roles in major films like The Graduate and Legally Blonde to thoughtfully curate a filmography she could be proud of.
Her Mark as a Producer
In the 1990s, Hawn skillfully made the transition from actress to producer. She produced several major hits like The First Wives Club, Something to Talk About and Hope while still taking on acting roles.
As producer, Hawn strived to make uplifting stories led by dynamic female characters. Her productions garnered both commercial success and critical acclaim thanks to Hawn‘s keen instincts for storytelling and casting. She paved the way for more women to take creative leadership in Hollywood.
Her Lasting Legacy with The Hawn Foundation
While Hawn found professional success as an entertainer, her true passion lies in helping others. In 2003, she launched The Hawn Foundation to bring mindfulness practices into schools in order to help students improve focus, manage stress, and regulate their emotions.
Hawn‘s foundation developed the MindUP program which teaches students techniques like mindful breathing and how to cultivate positive emotions. The program has reached over 15,000 schools worldwide and shown great success in improving behavior and academic performance.
Through The Hawn Foundation, the actress found a meaningful way to leave a positive impact on the world. Her philanthropic work in revolutionizing children‘s education continues to change lives for the better.
Why Goldie Hawn is so Adored
Looking back at her vast career, Goldie Hawn leaves behind a legacy of joy. Here are some of the reasons she remains so beloved:
- Her feel-good comedies brought laughter and light to generations
- Broke boundaries for women in Hollywood as both actress and producer
- Inspires people to follow their dreams with her rags-to-riches story
- Uplifted others through her mindfulness work with children
- Remains a positive role model by using her platform for good
- Never lost her youthful spirit and continues spreading joy
After over 50 years in the spotlight, Goldie Hawn is a testament to the power of pursuing your purpose with heart. Her iconic career demonstrates that bringing more humor, compassion and mindfulness into the world never stops being impactful.