As a long-time fan and avid listener of the Jocko Podcast, I‘ve greatly admired retired Navy SEAL Jocko Willink for years. Here‘s a more in-depth look at this fascinating man‘s background, accomplishments, and impact as a leader.
|Full Name||John Gretton Willink|
|Birthday||September 8, 1971|
|Net Worth||$3 Million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube|
John Gretton Willink is a retired Navy SEAL, bestselling author of Extreme Ownership, and host of the top-rated Jocko Podcast. He served 20 years in the SEAL teams, including as commander of the most highly decorated special operations unit of the Iraq War.
Jocko Willink Timeline
*1971 – Born in Torrance, California
*1991 – Joins the US Navy SEALs at age 20
*2004 – Deploys to Iraq as commander of SEAL Team 3 Task Unit Bruiser
*2006 – Leads Task Unit Bruiser during the Battle of Ramadi in Iraq
*2010 – Retires from 20 year Navy SEAL career
*2015 – Launches Jocko Podcast with Echo Charles
*2015 – Co-authors bestseller Extreme Ownership with Leif Babin
*2017 – Co-founds Echelon Front leadership consulting firm
Why I Admire Jocko Willink
There are so many reasons why Jocko has earned such widespread admiration and respect:
- He‘s an inspiring speaker – Jocko connects with audiences thanks to his direct, honest style.
- He‘s an experienced leader – His wisdom comes from 20 years leading SEAL missions.
- He‘s motivational – His message inspires people to take ownership and improve.
5 Fascinating Facts About Jocko
Here are some interesting bits of trivia that give insight into this American icon:
- Jocko was named after his grandfather, a World War II veteran.
- He has a degree in English from the University of San Diego.
- Jocko wakes up at 4:30am daily and chugs black coffee.
- He‘s a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt who still trains regularly.
- Jocko was a instructor in the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program.
Jocko Willink has lived an extraordinary life of leadership and service. I consider him a personal role model, and believe the leadership principles he espouses can help anyone maximize their effectiveness.