Overview of LP‘s Profile
Full Name: Laura Pergolizzi
Birthday: March 18, 1981
Birth Place: Long Island, New York
Birth Sign: Pisces
Parents: Father was in the military, mother was a cook
Siblings: Older sister Carmella also pursued music
Spouse: Lauren Ruth Ward (m. 2021-present)
Net Worth: $5 million
LP‘s Distinctive Musical Style
LP is renowned for her raspy, powerful vocals and vulnerable lyricism that blends rock, pop, and folk influences. Her guitar skills allow her to perform with an edgy, raw sound, while her piano ballads showcase her vocal range and emotional delivery.
Some hallmarks of LP‘s musical style include:
- Bluesy, soulful vocals reminiscent of artists like Janis Joplin
- Catchy melodic hooks and pop sensibilities
- Lyrics exploring relationships, self-esteem, and empowerment
- Minimalist production that highlights her voice
- Dynamic shifts from gritty belting to delicate falsetto
Her Breakthrough Hits
LP‘s biggest hits so far in her career include:
- "Lost on You" (2016) – Soulful piano ballad with over 1 billion YouTube views. Earned LP her first Grammy nomination.
- "Into the Wild" (2012) – Upbeat folk-pop song that first generated mainstream interest.
- "Girls Go Wild" (2018) – Rock anthem about female empowerment.
- "When We‘re High" (2017) – Reggae-tinged pop hit.
- "Recovery" (2018) – Emotional pop ballad about healing from pain.
Awards and Achievements
LP‘s accolades over her multi-decade career include:
- Grammy nomination for Best Rock Performance for "Lost on You" (2017)
- Billboard Music Awards nomination for Top Rock Artist (2018)
- ECHO Award for Hit of the Year for "Lost on You" (2017)
- MTV Europe Music Award for Best Alternative Act (2018)
- World Music Award for World‘s Best Song and Best Video for "Lost on You" (2017)
Life Outside Music
Beyond her acclaimed career, LP maintains a relatively private personal life. She was rumored to be dating singer Lauren Ruth Ward as early as 2015 before they officially wed in 2021. LP has been open about struggling with anxiety and panic attacks when she first gained fame. She enjoys getting tattoos and has over 20 inked on her body. LP is also passionate about human rights and has performed at charity concerts supporting causes like LGBTQ, environmental, and human trafficking organizations.
With her chart-topping hits and critical acclaim, LP has cemented her status as an influential voice in the modern music landscape. Music critics have praised her authenticity and ability to write anthemic songs across genres. She helped pioneer the folk-pop trend that became popular in the mid-2010s. LP is admired by fans and fellow artists alike for the raw emotion she channels into cathartic songs and empowering messages. Her vocals have even been compared to music legends like Cher and Janis Joplin. LP continues to earn new devotees as she tours worldwide sharing the gifts that have made her an enduring talent.