|Full Name||Navraj Singh Goraya|
|Birthday||November 3, 1989|
|Net Worth||$5 million (estimated)|
Navraj Singh Goraya, better known by his stage name Nav, is a rapper, singer, songwriter and producer from Toronto who has risen to become one of rap‘s biggest stars. Born on November 3, 1989 to Punjabi Sikh immigrant parents, Nav first began pursuing music in 2010, releasing mixtapes as an unsigned artist. His career took off in 2015 when his single "Myself" went viral, eventually leading to Nav signing with The Weeknd‘s XO record label.
Rising to Fame
Nav‘s collaboration with XO marked the start of his rapid rise to fame. In 2016, he released his debut EP "The Introduction" featuring co-signs from Travis Scott and Metro Boomin. The project showcased Nav‘s signature melodic rap style and vulnerable lyrics, which resonated with listeners.
Nav quickly followed up his debut with 2017‘s "Perfect Timing," his first full-length album release featuring appearances from Lil Uzi Vert and Playboi Carti. The album debuted at number 16 on the Billboard Hot 200 and was certified gold. This early success was only the beginning for Nav…
Dropped Sophomore Album ‘Reckless’
"Reckless" arrived a year after Nav‘s debut, led by the Scott and Gunna-assisted single "Champion." The album gave Nav his first #1 on Billboard‘s Top R&B/Hip-Hop albums chart.
Featured on Post Malone‘s "Ball for Me"
Nav cemented his star status with an appearance on Post Malone‘s hit "Ball for Me," exposing him to a pop audience.
Dropped Third Album ‘Good Intentions’
"Good Intentions" became Nav‘s second project to top the Billboard 200, led by the single "Turks" with Travis Scott and Gunna.
Now with 3 studio albums, 11 million Instagram followers, and billions of streams under his belt, Nav has solidified himself as one of rap‘s most exciting new voices.
Why We Love Nav
From his earliest projects, Nav‘s music has resonated with fans for many reasons.
- His vocals blend R&B melodies with rap bars to create a catchy, smooth sound.
- Lyrically he is vulnerable, rapping about relationships, mental health and more.
- He takes risks and experiments with his self-produced beats.
- Nav has undeniable chemistry with frequent collabs like The Weeknd and Lil Uzi Vert.
- His brand deals with McDonalds, Gillette and others show his mainstream appeal.
Nav is inspiring as a brown artist from Canada achieving global fame in the hip hop scene. His relatable songwriting and infectious music has cultivated a loyal fanbase that continues to grow exponentially.
5 Fun Facts About Nav
- Nav is completely self-taught at producing and has made almost all of his own beats.
- Before music, he went to school for accounting and worked as an Uber driver.
- Nav got his start by attending a Drake concert in Toronto and giving him a mixtape.
- He‘s a skilled basketball player and diehard Toronto Raptors fan.
- Nav voiced a character on the reggaeton-inspired soundtrack for the film "Bright."
The Future Looks Bright for Nav
With 3 critically acclaimed albums at just 33 years old, Nav is only just getting started. He has hinted at plans for more new music and collaborations, which will likely build on the melodic trap sound he has perfected. As Nav continues breaking barriers for South Asian artists, his star power is sure to only grow brighter in the years ahead.