|Full Name:||Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg|
|Born:||October 24, 1989 (age 33), Gothenburg, Sweden|
|Spouse:||Marzia Bisognin (m. 2019)|
|YouTube Subscribers:||110+ million|
|Net Worth:||$40 million|
|Known For:||Comedy videos, video game commentary, vlogging|
PewDiePie, whose real name is Felix Kjellberg, is arguably the most popular individual creator on YouTube. Since starting his channel in 2010, he has amassed over 110 million subscribers with his comedy videos, video game commentary, and vlogs. His impact on internet culture cannot be overstated.
Born in Sweden, PewDiePie had a natural talent for humor and the arts from a young age. As a teenager, he began skipping classes to play video games, foreshadowing the career that would make him famous. After dropping out of university, he created his YouTube channel at age 19.
Early on, PewDiePie‘s videos consisted of him playing horror video games like Amnesia: The Dark Descent with over-the-top reactions. These raw, unfiltered gaming videos resonated with viewers, and his subscriber count grew exponentially. Within two years, he had the most subscribed YouTube channel worldwide.
Videos That Made Him Famous
Here are some of the most iconic PewDiePie videos from his early years:
- Amnesia playthrough videos – These videos of PewDiePie shrieking and cursing while playing Amnesia were some of his first to go viral. His scaredy-cat persona was hilarious.
- Fridays with PewDiePie – PewDiePie acted as a pseudo-news anchor reporting on fan art, forum discussions, and viral videos in his signature goofy style.
- Funny montage videos – Clips of PewDiePie‘s best gaming reactions and funny moments compiled into montages that highlighted his sense of humor.
Collaborations and Charity Work
As his popularity grew, PewDiePie began collaborating with other top creators which introduced him to new audiences. Some of his most notable collaborations have been:
- Make-A-Wish Day – In 2012, PewDiePie partnered with other gaming YouTubers to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
- Charity: Water – PewDiePie raised $100K for Charity: Water to fund wells in Ethiopia.
- Reading Mean Comments – TheOdd1sOut animated PewDiePie reading funny mean comments about himself.
PewDiePie has also used his platform to raise tens of millions of dollars for various charities over the years. His willingness to use his fame for good has further endeared him to fans.
Ongoing Evolution of His Channel
A major factor in PewDiePie‘s continued success is his willingness to evolve with the times. While gaming videos remain central, he incorporates more vlog-style content now. He also brings on interesting guests and does more outdoor challenges.
Behind-the-scenes, PewDiePie films videos way in advance when he needs a break so he can maintain consistent uploads. He also edits all his videos himself to ensure they meet his high standards.
PewDiePie has proven adept at trying new formats, expanding his content offerings, and reinventing aspects of his channel to hold his audience‘s interest. After over a decade on YouTube, his enthusiasm for creating videos is as strong as ever.
His Lasting Legacy
For his millions of fans around the world, PewDiePie is nothing short of a legend. He paved the way for gaming commentary and vlogging on YouTube. His unique style of video created an entirely new genre that future creators would emulate.
While corporate YouTube channels now have more subscribers, PewDiePie remains the undisputed #1 individual creator. The evolution of his channel over the past decade has closely mirrored the evolution of YouTube itself. PewDiePie‘s impact and legacy will not be forgotten anytime soon.