|Full Name||Pooja Hegde|
|Birthday||October 13, 1990|
|Social Media||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter|
Pooja Hegde is an Indian model turned actress who appears predominantly in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil films. With her sharp acting skills, dazzling screen presence and girl-next-door charm, Pooja has become one of the most popular faces in Indian cinema today.
Early Life and Background
Pooja Hegde was born in Mumbai, India to Manjunath Hegde and Latha Hegde. She has a brother named Rishikesh Hegde. Pooja‘s father Manjunath Hegde runs a software firm while her mother Latha Hegde is a yoga instructor. As a child, Pooja was enamored by the performing arts. She trained in classical dance forms like Bharatnatyam and Kathak for 8 years under guru Kishore Amonkar. Pooja was an extroverted child and participated enthusiastically in school plays and dance competitions. She graduated with a degree in Mass Communication from Mumbai‘s Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics.
Beauty Pageants and Modeling
Pooja Hegde‘s dazzling beauty and charm paved her way to the glamour world. In 2009, she was crowned as the second runner-up in the Miss India Universe pageant. This was followed by television commercials and print campaigns for brands like Close-Up, Coca-Cola, Vivel and Jewelsouk. Pooja also walked the ramp for fashion designers like Manish Malhotra and Victor Robinson. Her gorgeous looks and screen presence paved the way for her film debut.
Acting Debut in Telugu Cinema
Pooja Hegde‘s acting career kicked off with the Telugu film Mukunda in 2010 opposite Varun Sandesh. Although the film didn‘t fare well, Pooja‘s performance received critical acclaim. 2011 marked her first commercial success with Oka Laila Kosam, a Telugu romantic comedy film. Pooja won the South Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her performance. She continued to act in successful Telugu films like Jil (2014), Duvvada Jagannadham (2017) and Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo (2020).
Success in Bollywood
After establishing herself as a leading lady in Telugu films, Pooja Hegde ventured into Bollywood. She made her Hindi film debut opposite Hrithik Roshan in Ashutosh Gowariker‘s Mohenjo Daro (2016). Though the film underperformed at the box office, Pooja earned praise for her performance. Her first Bollywood hit came with the 2019 ensemble comedy Housefull 4 alongside Akshay Kumar. Pooja played a double role in the reincarnation comedy. She is slated to appear in Rohit Shetty‘s Cirkus opposite Ranveer Singh and Kabhi Eid Kabhi Diwali with Salman Khan.
Achievements and Accolades
Despite a short career span so far, Pooja Hegde has received numerous awards and nominations. Some of her noteworthy accolades include:
- South Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut in 2012 for her performance in Oka Laila Kosam
- Best Telugu Actress at IIFA Utsavam in 2016 for Duvvada Jagannadham
- SIIMA Award for Best Actress (Critics) for Aravinda Sametha Veera Raghava in 2018
- Zee Cine Award for Best Find of the Year Female for Housefull 4 in 2020
In 2019, Pooja was featured in Forbes India‘s Celebrity 100 list ranking 93rd based on her income and popularity.
Why Fans Love Pooja
Here are some reasons why Pooja Hegde has such a loyal fan following across India:
- Her lively and relatable on-screen persona makes her lovable
- Pooja is an exceptional dancer evident from her graceful dance moves
- She is hardworking and dedicated as seen from her multi-lingual filmography
- Pooja maintains a down-to-earth and humble attitude despite her stardom
- She regularly participates in philanthropic activities promoting social causes
Interesting Facts About Pooja
- Pooja Hegde owns a pet dog named Vuitton who has his own Instagram page with over 30K followers!
- She is terrified of reptiles and snakes.
- Besides acting and dancing, Pooja also enjoys yoga, cooking and traveling.
- Her favorite actors are Shah Rukh Khan, Kareena Kapoor and Rana Daggubati.
- Pooja is an avid fitness enthusiast and shares her workout videos on Instagram.
On the professional front, Pooja has an exciting lineup of films releasing in 2022-23. These include:
- Most Eligible Bachelor – Telugu romantic drama opposite Akhil Akkineni
- Radhe Shyam – Multilingual period romance co-starring Prabhas
- Acharya – Telugu action film featuring Chiranjeevi in a lead role
- SSMB28 – Telugu movie with Mahesh Babu as the male lead
- Cirkus – Rohit Shetty‘s Hindi directorial co-starring Ranveer Singh
With her gorgeous looks, acting range, dance skills and magnetic personality, Pooja Hegde is definitely a rising star to watch out for in Indian cinema!