|Full Name||Preity G Zinta|
|Birthday||January 31, 1975|
|Birth Place||Shimla, India|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
Indian actress and entrepreneur Preity G Zinta made her acting debut in 1998‘s Dil Se and Soldier. With her bubbly on-screen presence, comic timing and acclaimed performances in films like Sangharsh, Kal Ho Naa Ho and Veer-Zaara, she became one of Bollywood‘s biggest stars in the 2000s.
Early Life and Background
Born in Shimla to a Punjabi family, Zinta finished her schooling in Shimla and pursued English honors at St. Bede‘s College. After graduating, she moved to Mumbai to earn a master‘s degree in psychology from Mumbai University. During this time, she modeled and acted in TV commercials before getting her big break in films.
- 1998 – Early Roles: Zinta made her acting debut with a supporting role in Mani Ratnam‘s Dil Se opposite Shahrukh Khan. The same year she played her first leading role in Soldier, an action thriller.
- 2000 – Rise to Stardom: In 2000, Zinta had her breakthrough with lead roles in the hit films Kya Kehna and Mission Kashmir. Her natural acting talent earned praise from critics and audiences alike.
- 2001-2003 – Critical Acclaim: During this period, Zinta gave acclaimed performances in films like Dil Chahta Hai, Sangharsh and Armaan. Her portrayal of an HIV positive woman in Dil Hai Tumhaara won rave reviews.
- 2004-2008 – Peak Years: As a reigning star, some of Zinta‘s most notable films include Veer-Zaara, Salaam Namaste, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Heaven on Earth and Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. She won numerous Best Actress awards.
- 2017-Present: After a long break from films, Zinta made her comeback in Bhaiaji Superhit in 2017. She continues to act selectively in movies and TV shows.
- In 2005, Zinta established her own production company PZNZ Media and has produced films like Tillotama (2018) and Shuddh Desi Romance (2013).
- She owns the IPL cricket team Kings XI Punjab since 2008 and is actively involved in its management.
- In 2007, she launched The Preity Zinta Foundation to support healthcare, education and women‘s empowerment causes in India.
- Zinta married Gene Goodenough, a financial analyst from Los Angeles, in 2016.
- She practices yoga, is a trained Odissi dancer and enjoys reading, gardening and painting.
- In 2021, she returned to live in Mumbai after spending several years with her husband in the US.
Why Fans Love Preity Zinta
Her Comic Expressions and Timing – Fans love Zinta‘s hilarious facial expressions and comedic timing in roles like in Salaam Namaste and Kya Kehna. Her bubbly screen presence makes her a delight to watch.
Her Melodious Songs – Over her career, Zinta has lip synced and danced to many hit Bollywood numbers like "Jiya Jale" and "Tumse Milke". Fans eagerly await her songs in every film.
Her Girl Next Door Image – Unlike other celebrities, Zinta comes across as friendly and down-to-earth. Her fans feel like they can relate to her.
Her Versatility – Whether it‘s a bubbly character or a serious role, Zinta portrays each convincingly. Fans love her range as an actress.
Her Philanthropic Endeavors – Through her NGO, Zinta conducts charitable work across India. Fans admire her humanitarian efforts to support underprivileged communities.
With performances in over 30 films spanning two decades, Zinta has left an indelible mark on Bollywood. She continues to capture fans‘ hearts with her humor, talent and benevolent initiatives.