Sara Bareilles is an acclaimed American singer-songwriter and pianist who has touched many hearts with her powerful pop anthems and emotional ballads. With over 3 million albums and 15 million singles sold, she has achieved tremendous commercial success. But beyond the numbers, Sara‘s vulnerable songwriting and commanding stage presence have made her a pop icon.
|Full Name||Sara Beth Bareilles|
|Birthday||December 7, 1979|
|Born||Eureka, California, United States|
|Relationship||Dating Joe Tippett|
|Net Worth||$20 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube|
Early Life and Musical Beginnings
Born on December 7, 1979 in Eureka, California, Sara Beth Bareilles displayed an early affinity for music. She took piano lessons as a child and participated in local community theater productions. After high school, Sara studied communication studies at UCLA and performed at local clubs and cafes.
In 2002, she released her first studio album Careful Confessions while working as a waitress. Two years later, she caught her big break – her song “Gravity” was featured on MTV’s “The Real World” which brought her music to a wider audience.
Breakthrough Success with “Love Song”
Bareilles‘ career skyrocketed with the release of her major label debut Little Voice in 2007. The album‘s lead single “Love Song” was a monster hit that topped the charts in multiple countries. Its witty lyrics and soulful piano melody made it an instant classic. The song earned Sara her first Grammy nomination for Song of the Year in 2008.
Little Voice also spawned other popular singles like “Bottle It Up” and “Gravity” and cemented Bareilles as a rising new voice in the pop music landscape. Her heartfelt, often emotionally raw songwriting struck a chord with listeners.
Consistent Hitmaker with a String of Chart-Topping Albums
The success of her debut catapulted Bareilles into the limelight. She released several more acclaimed albums over the years – Kaleidoscope Heart (2010), The Blessed Unrest (2013), What‘s Inside: Songs From Waitress (2015), and Amidst The Chaos (2019).
Singles like “Brave,” “Gonna Get Over You,” “She Used To Be Mine,” and “Armor" all became radio staples. Bareilles earned multiple Grammy nominations for her powerful songwriting and soaring vocals, and even won the 2015 Grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance for her anthem “Brave.”
Her music blended pop, soul, and piano ballads to create a signature heartfelt style. She continued topping the charts while connecting with listeners through cathartic, vulnerable songs.
In addition to her pop albums, Bareilles flexed her creative muscles by writing music for Broadway. She composed the music and lyrics for the musical Waitress, earning a Tony Award nomination for Best Original Score in 2016.
Bareilles also starred as Mary Magdalene in NBC‘s live production of Jesus Christ Superstar in 2018 alongside John Legend. Her soulful takes on classics like “Everything’s Alright” earned widespread praise.
Activism and Charity Work
An outspoken feminist, Sara Bareilles has used her platform to advocate for social causes. She partnered with Bono‘s ONE Campaign to fight poverty and prevent AIDS. Bareilles also supports LGBT rights and recorded a video for the “It Gets Better Project."
In 2020, she launched the Little Voice Relief Fund to help musicians affected financially by the COVID-19 pandemic. Her charitable efforts demonstrate her dedication to enacting positive change.
"I’m proud to rep my community. I want to be their voice because I have a loud one and I’m really lucky to have this platform." – Sara on her activism
Her Enduring Legacy
With her stellar vocals, vulnerable songwriting, and commanding stage presence, Sara Bareilles has solidified her status as a pop icon. Though she has achieved tremendous commercial success, she stays grounded in her mission to connect with listeners through cathartic, heartfelt music.
As she continues evolving her sound, pushing creative boundaries, and speaking out for causes she believes in, there is no doubt Sara Bareilles will keep inspiring fans for years to come.
- 2002: Releases debut album Careful Confessions
- 2004: Song "Gravity" featured on MTV‘s The Real World
- 2007: Breakthrough with hit single "Love Song" from album Little Voice
- 2010: Releases Grammy-nominated album Kaleidoscope Heart
- 2013: The Blessed Unrest debuts at #1 on Billboard 200
- 2015: Composes score for Broadway musical Waitress
- 2018: Stars as Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar on NBC
- 2019: Drops new album Amidst The Chaos showcasing fresh sound
- 2022: Announces upcoming sixth studio album Subject to Change
- Raw, emotional songwriting that resonates deeply
- Powerful vocals filled with heart and soul
- Eclectic musical style blending pop, soul, piano ballads
- Relatable lyrics about relationships, heartbreak, strength
- Her incredible drive and work ethic as a musician
- Ability to translate her songwriting talent to Broadway
- Using her platform to advocate for important causes
- Staying grounded and connected to fans despite her fame
- Sara is a major foodie and even published a book of essays and recipes in 2015 called Sounds Like Me: My Life (So Far) in Song.
- She got her stage name from a nickname kids gave her in middle school based on the Revlon ad “Barely There” makeup.
- An avid sports fan, Sara performed the national anthem at the 2019 MLS Cup soccer final.
- Her song “Brave” became an anthem for the LGBT community, inspiring her video for the “It Gets Better” project.
- Sara is close friends with singer Ingrid Michaelson who she first met while playing shows at small cafes and clubs.
When is Sara Bareilles’ birthday?
Sara Bareilles was born on December 7, 1979. She is currently 43 years old.
What is Sara Bareilles’ net worth?
Her estimated net worth is around $20 million. Her wealth comes from record sales, touring, merchandise and other business ventures.
How many albums has Sara Bareilles sold?
She has sold over 3 million albums and 15 million singles worldwide over the course of her acclaimed music career.
Is Sara Bareilles married?
She is currently unmarried but has been in a long-term relationship with actor Joe Tippett since 2015 after meeting during Waitress.
What was Sara Bareilles’ first single?
Her breakout debut single was “Love Song” released in 2007 from her album Little Voice. It became an international hit and earned her a Grammy nomination.
How many Grammy nominations does she have?
Bareilles has been nominated for a Grammy 9 times and won Best Pop Solo Performance in 2015 for “Brave.”
Sara Bareilles‘ heartfelt songs and powerful voice have made her a beloved pop singer-songwriter. Her openness about her own struggles has resonated with fans worldwide. She continues to inspire with her music, Broadway work, and activism. With more new projects on the horizon, Sara Bareilles‘ star will keep rising.