|Full Name||Tyrese Darnell Gibson|
|Birthday||December 30, 1978|
|Relationship||In a relationship|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube|
About Tyrese Gibson
Tyrese Gibson is an American R&B singer, songwriter, actor and model known for his smooth vocals, stellar acting chops, and roles in Hollywood blockbusters like the Fast & Furious franchise.
Born on December 30, 1978 in Watts, Los Angeles, Gibson had a passion for music from a young age. He released his debut single "Nobody Else" in 1996 and followed it up with the album Tyrese in 1998, which featured his first smash hit "Sweet Lady". The song peaked at #12 on the Billboard Hot 100, propelling the rising star into the spotlight. Tyrese eventually went on to release several more successful albums over the years including 2000 Watts (2000), I Wanna Go There (2002), Alter Ego (2006) and Open Invitation (2011).
Aside from his music career, Gibson displayed promising talent as an actor. He made his on-screen debut in the 2001 coming-of-age drama Baby Boy, delivering a powerful lead performance. However, it was his role as the charismatic Roman Pearce in 2003‘s 2 Fast 2 Furious that truly broke him through in Hollywood. Tyrese reprised this fan-favorite character in five more Fast & Furious movies, making him an integral part of the blockbuster franchise.
Some other major acting credits in Gibson‘s filmography include Four Brothers (2005), Waist Deep (2006), Transformers (2007), Legion (2010), Black Nativity (2013) and Ride Along 2 (2016). He has showcased his versatility by taking on diverse roles across different genres.
Tyrese Gibson Discography
- Tyrese (1998) – Featured the hit "Sweet Lady"
- 2000 Watts (2001) – Included "I Like Them Girls"
- I Wanna Go There (2002) – Hit single "How You Gonna Act Like That"
- Alter Ego (2006) – Highlighted tracks "One" and "Please"
- Open Invitation (2011) – Debuted at #9 on Billboard 200
- Black Rose (2015) – First album in 7 years, led by "Shame"
Tyrese Gibson Timeline
- 1994 – Joined R&B group TGT along with Tank and Ginuwine
- 1998 – Released debut album Tyrese, certified 2x platinum
- 2000 – Became model for Guess clothing company
- 2001 – Played lead role of Jody in critically acclaimed film Baby Boy
- 2003 – Co-starred as Roman Pearce in 2 Fast 2 Furious, his Hollywood breakout
- 2007 – Published bestselling book "How to Get Out of Your Own Way"
- 2011 – Reprised role as Roman in blockbuster Fast Five, first of 6 Fast films
- 2015 – Starred in Furious 7 which grossed over $1.5 billion worldwide
- 2017 – Released his most recent studio album Black Rose after 7 years
Why We Love Tyrese Gibson
He‘s Talented – With his buttery smooth vocals and natural acting ability, Tyrese possesses rare talent that leaves fans in awe. He immerses himself fully into every performance.
He‘s Charismatic – Tyrese lights up any screen he‘s on with his infectious charm and vibrant energy. He has an electrifying stage presence and likeable demeanor.
He‘s Humble – Despite replicating success in multiple fields, Tyrese remains remarkably grounded and humble. He uses his platform to empower others.
He Perseveres – Tyrese endured a tough upbringing but never gave up on his dreams. His perseverance led him to become the superstar he is today.
He‘s Eye Candy – Let‘s be real, Tyrese is gorgeous! From his chiseled abs to his killer smile, he‘s undeniably handsome and oozes sex appeal.
5 Interesting Facts about Tyrese Gibson
- Tyrese is trained in Jiu-Jitsu martial arts and holds a black belt. He‘s a fitness buff who starts everyday with an intense workout.
- He sang "Sweet Lady" for his audition on a Coca Cola commercial in 1997 and was instantly signed to RCA Records after.
- Tyrese is an aviator and holds a private pilot license. He‘s trained to fly single engine planes.
- He is the first African American brand ambassador for the alcohol brand Courvoisier.
- Tyrese owns a recording studio called Voltron Recordz located in Los Angeles, California.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Tyrese Gibson‘s birthday?
Tyrese Gibson‘s birthday is on December 30, 1978. He was born in Watts, Los Angeles.
What was Tyrese Gibson‘s big breakout role?
Tyrese‘s breakout role was as Roman Pearce in 2003‘s action film 2 Fast 2 Furious co-starring Paul Walker. This catapulted him into mainstream fame.
How many Fast and Furious films has Tyrese starred in?
Tyrese Gibson has appeared in a total of 6 Fast & Furious films as the fan-favorite character Roman Pearce, starting with 2 Fast 2 Furious.
What label is Tyrese signed to?
Tyrese is currently signed to Voltron Recordz, his own independent record label, for releasing music. He was previously signed to RCA Records and J Records.
Is Tyrese Gibson married?
No, Tyrese Gibson is not currently married. He was briefly married to Norma Mitchell from 2007–2009 and they have a daughter together named Shayla.