|Full Name||Ashley Kaira Fern Hobbs|
|Born||June 15, 1993 in Toronto, Canada|
|Age||30 years old|
|YouTube||Joined in 2009, 2.3 million subscribers|
|@wolfie, 1.1 million followers|
|@thewolfie, 850K followers|
Wolfie, born Ashley Kaira Fern Hobbs, is a wildly popular YouTube personality known for her hilarious and engaging videos. With over 2.3 million YouTube subscribers and millions more followers across social media, this 30-year-old star has amassed a huge following with her unique comedic style and creative video challenges.
Early Life and Background
Wolfie spent her childhood in Toronto, where she was born and raised alongside her twin sister Cassie. From a young age, the outgoing and exuberant Wolfie loved making people laugh. She and Cassie were always putting on shows for their family, dressing up in costumes and writing silly songs.
In middle school, Wolfie discovered a passion for drama and performance. She joined the school improv club and acted in several musical theater productions. Outside of school, she trained at Second City Toronto, taking improv and sketch comedy classes.
By high school, Wolfie had set her sights on becoming an entertainer. Along with Cassie, she began creating comedy sketches and uploading them to YouTube just for fun. At the time, YouTube was still new, and she had no aspirations of internet fame. "I was just a theatre kid goofing around with my friends," Wolfie said in a 2018 interview.
Rise to YouTube Stardom
After graduating high school in 2011, Wolfie decided to take a gap year before college. During that year, she started uploading more comedy sketches and challenge videos to her small YouTube channel.
Her charismatic on-screen personality and sharp comedic timing quickly gained attention. One of her earliest viral hits was the "Cinnamon Challenge" in 2012, which racked up over 5 million views.
Wolfie began collaborating with other rising YouTube stars, which exposed her channel to more audiences. By 2013, she had reached 500K subscribers. Fans couldn‘t get enough of her zany character personas and fearless approach to outrageous stunts.
In 2015, Wolfie hit the coveted 1 million subscriber milestone. That same year, her prank video "Epic Roommate Prank War!" became her first to hit 10 million views.
As her fame grew, Wolfie dropped plans for college and devoted herself full-time to YouTube. By 2019, she had a staggering 8 million subscribers and over 1 billion total video views.
Creative Content and Collaborations
Wolfie earned her massive following thanks to her creative approach and diverse video formats. Fans love her sketch comedy videos, where she plays exaggerated characters like gamer girls, beauty gurus, pop stars and more. She also pioneered new viral video challenges, like the photoshopping foods on her body challenge.
Her popularity led to collaborations with YouTube heavy hitters like Miranda Sings, Liza Koshy, and Smosh. Wolfie‘s collab videos showcase her chemistry and improv skills when paired with another creator.
Beyond comedy, Wolfie also shares lifestyle vlogs, makeup/fashion videos, and personal stories to connect with viewers. "I want my channel to be like a variety show with something for everyone," she told Teen Vogue.
Why Fans Love Wolfie
Wolfie‘s meteoric rise to become one of YouTube‘s top stars can be attributed to several key factors:
- Her high-energy persona and comedic fearlessness immediately grabs your attention. She fully commits to each wacky character.
- Her editing and comedic timing are superb. Every video is tightly paced and full of laugh-out-loud moments.
- Wolfie dreams up such creative and absurd video ideas – fans tune in just to see what she‘ll do next.
- She collaborates with A-list stars, but remains down-to-earth and relatable. Her fans feel connected to her.
- While hilarious, Wolfie also gets vulnerable with fans in videos about mental health, body image, and growing up.
Fun Facts About Wolfie
- She‘s a skilled dancer trained in jazz, tap, hip hop, and ballet.
- Her first job was as a costumed character at children‘s venue Giggles Indoor Playground.
- Wolfie has a fraternal twin named Cassie. They have triplet younger brothers.
- She appeared on an episode of the game show "Cash Cab" in 2016 and won $1,200.
- If she wasn‘t a YouTuber, Wolfie says she‘d probably be a drama teacher.
With her endearing personality and tenacious creativity, Wolfie has solidified herself as a trailblazing YouTube icon. She helped pave the way for future stars by pushing the boundaries of online video. At just 30 years old, her entertainment career is clearly just getting started.