Get to know one of the internet‘s most beloved stars – here‘s an extensive look at the life and career of Zach Kornfeld through the eyes of a devoted fan.
Full Name: Zach Kornfeld
Birthday: July 26, 1990
Birthplace: Scarsdale, New York
Height: 5‘ 8" (1.73 m)
Net Worth: $6 million
Relationship Status: Engaged to Maggie Bustamante
Early Life & Upbringing
Born in Scarsdale, New York, Zach showed signs of being a natural performer from a young age. According to his parents, he was singing, dancing, and acting out sketches for them even as a toddler!
In middle school, an improv class sparked Zach‘s lifelong passion for comedy. As he put it, "The first time I made my classmates laugh on stage, I just knew making jokes was what I was meant to do."
By high school, he had joined the school‘s sketch comedy group and harbored dreams of becoming a professional comedian one day…
The Origins of YouTube Sensation The Try Guys
Flash forward to 2014 – Zach had graduated Yale and was working at Buzzfeed when he and three buddies had an idea. Keith, Ned, Eugene and Zach decided to spin off from Buzzfeed to start their own YouTube channel built around trying new experiences outside their comfort zones.
Their very first video "Guys Try Ladies‘ Underwear For The First Time" was an instant viral smash. It racked up over 3 million views in less than a week! Fans were hooked on the four friends‘ natural chemistry and hilarious reactions.
Within a few months, The Try Guys had over 2 million YouTube subscribers. Soon they were being invited to appear on talk shows, star in ads, and even write a New York Times bestseller! Zach‘s fame skyrocketed thanks to his goofy physical humor and willingness to be completely silly on camera…
Zach‘s Funniest Try Guys Moments
Over 8 years, Zach has created far too many hilarious moments to count! Here are just a few of his most LOL-worthy bits:
- Man VS. Child Chef – Zach‘s intense trash talk with a toddler rival literally had me crying with laughter. His competitive spirit knows no bounds!
- Labor Pain Simulation – Watching Zach dramatically act out the pains of childbirth was comedy gold. I don‘t think I‘ve ever seen someone commit so hard to a bit!
- Ruining a Friend‘s Wedding – Zach gleefully sabotaging Eugene‘s wedding with things like a flamingos and sumo suits was priceless…
Directing & Editing Mastermind
While all four Try Guys are equal partners, Zach deserves special credit as the group‘s resident director and editing expert. He spends countless hours sorting through raw footage to carefully craft the perfect comedic pacing.
Some of my favorite creative touches that are so Zach include:
- Perfectly timed zoom-ins on someone‘s embarrassed face
- Adding funny sound effects like clown honks to highlight a truly cringey moment
- Throwing in 90s hip-hop beats when someone is dancing
His editing takes their videos to the next level and gives them their signature Try Guys style!
Collaborations with YouTube Legends
Beyond The Try Guys videos, Zach has also collaborated with pretty much every big name in YouTube. A few of his most memorable team-ups include:
- An epic drunk spelling bee against Jenna Marbles – their competitive hijinks had me rolling!
- Testing weird beauty gadgets with the hilarious Gabbie Hanna – the at-home waxing kit scene is permanently seared into my mind 😂
- Attempting TikTok dances with Charli D‘Amelio – Zach‘s moves were impressively on-point!
I could honestly watch Zach hang out with other internet stars all day. His charisma and quick humor mesh so well with any collaborator!
The Real Zach Kornfeld
Off-camera, Zach leads a pretty lowkey lifestyle. When not pulling Try Guys stunts, he loves staying in with fiancee Maggie and their rescue pup Indy. Zach‘s ideal night is cooking a tasty meal at home and watching trashy reality TV!
Despite his fame, Zach remains down-to-earth and approachable for fans. He also candidly discusses his struggles with depression and anxiety to break stigma around mental health issues.
In his own words: "Having the support of family, friends and a therapist has truly saved my life. I want to pay that support forward however I can."
This honest and compassionate side makes his audience love Zach even more.
Why Fans Are Obsessed with Zach
There are so many reasons Zach Kornfeld has earned millions of devoted fans:
- His animated facial expressions and physical humor
- The effortless way he parodies pop culture
- His vulnerability and sincerity about mental health
- His creativity behind the camera
- The heartwarming relationship with his fiancée
- His complete willingness to commit to any bit
Zach‘s unique brand of comedy and emotional intelligence keeps viewers endlessly entertained. We can‘t get enough of his goofy charm!
Fun Facts About Zach
Let‘s dig into some fun trivia about this YouTube icon:
- Zach‘s fans affectionately call themselves the "KornDogs"
- He can sing opera after studying it in college
- Zach once shaved his signature curls for a Try Guys video (they grew back!)
- Horror movies are one of his favorite guilty pleasures
- Zach originally considered becoming an entertainment lawyer. Can you imagine?!
Getting to Know Zach: Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to some of the most common questions about Zach Kornfeld:
How old is Zach?
He is currently 32 years old.
Where did he grow up?
Scarsdale, New York. He has an older sister named Zoe.
What college did he attend?
Zach graduated Yale University in 2012 with a degree in film.
How long has he been dating his fiancée Maggie?
The couple has been together for over 5 years before getting engaged in 2021.
What is Zach‘s ethnicity?
Zach‘s family has Eastern European Jewish heritage.
Does he have any pets?
Yes! Zach and Maggie have an adorable rescue dog named Indy.
What are Zach‘s hobbies outside of filming?
Cooking, checking out LA‘s restaurant scene, watching reality TV, and playing video games.
What is Zach‘s net worth?
His estimated net worth is around $6 million.
Where does Zach live now?
Zach is based in Los Angeles but still has a home in New York City.