Breaking the bank is unnecessary if you’re on a budget but still want a high-quality television. There are many excellent TVs under $1100 that offer superb picture quality, smart features, and plenty of connectivity options. With so many choices on the market, it can be overwhelming to know where to begin your search. To make your buying decision easier, we’ve compiled this list of the 8 best TVs under $1100 available today.
1. TCL 6-Series 55" Class 4K UHD Mini-LED QLED Google TV
- 55" 4K UHD screen with QLED technology for vivid colors and enhanced contrast
- Mini-LED backlighting with Contrast Control Zones for remarkable picture clarity
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+, and HLG high dynamic range support
- 120Hz refresh rate for smooth, blur-free visuals
- Built-in Google TV for easy access to streaming apps and voice control
The TCL 6-Series combines exceptional 4K picture quality with Google TV‘s intuitive smart platform in an affordable package. Its Quantum Dot display produces over a billion colors, while mini-LED backlighting with 576 Contrast Control Zones optimizes brightness precisely across the screen. Gamers will appreciate the fast 120Hz refresh rate and Auto Game Mode.
2. Samsung QN55Q60AAFXZA 55" Q60A QLED 4K UHD Smart TV
- 55" 4K QLED display with 100% color volume for vivid, accurate images
- Quantum HDR with HDR10+ support for enhanced contrast and detail
- Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ for fast action scenes and gaming
- Tizen smart platform with Bixby voice control
- Sleek, minimalist design with ultra-thin bezels
Samsung‘s Q60A 4K QLED TV delivers quantum dot color and HDR for remarkable realism. Its Quantum Processor Lite 4K optimizes every scene with intelligent upscaling. Gamers will love Motion Xcelerator Turbo+ with an ultra-fast 60Hz refresh rate and Auto Game Mode. The Tizen platform provides easy access to top streaming apps.
3. Sony X85K 65" BRAVIA 4K Google TV
- 65" 4K LCD display with Triluminos Pro for vibrant, true-to-life colors
- X1 4K HDR processor for optimization of color, contrast and clarity
- Dolby Vision, HDR10, and HLG high dynamic range formats
- Google TV interface for smart streaming and Google Assistant
- Motionflow XR technology for fast-action scenes
- Slim and refined design with narrow bezels
This 65-inch Sony BRAVIA TV produces incredibly natural, detailed 4K HDR images with the help of the advanced X1 processor. Google TV makes streaming simple with personalized recommendations. Triluminos Pro widens the color palette for lifelike shades, while X-Motion Clarity ensures action stays smooth and clear.
4. Hisense U7H 65" Quantum ULED 4K Smart Google TV
- 65" 4K Quantum Dot LED display with full array local dimming
- Quantum Color and ULED technologies for vibrant, accurate colors
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10/HDR10+ support with up to 1000 nits peak brightness
- 120Hz native refresh rate for fast-paced action
- Google TV smart platform with built-in Google Assistant
- Sleek, minimalist design with ultra-thin bezels
The Hisense U7H combines Quantum Dot display technology with Google TV‘s intuitive smart platform. It renders over a billion colors accurately while full array local dimming optimizes contrast. Dolby Vision transforms content with enhanced brightness, contrast, color and detail. Smooth, fast-paced scenes shine with the native 120Hz panel.
5. LG A2 55" 4K Smart OLED TV
- 55" self-lit OLED 4K display for infinite contrast and perfect blacks
- α7 Gen5 AI Processor 4K for optimizing picture and sound
- Dolby Vision IQ, HDR10, and HLG high dynamic range support
- LG webOS smart platform with built-in Alexa and Google Assistant
- AI Sound for virtual 5.1 surround sound
- Slim, elegant design with thin bezels
LG‘s A2 combines the unparalleled picture quality of OLED technology with the smart LG webOS platform. Its self-emissive pixels turn off completely for infinite contrast ratios. Dolby Vision IQ adjusts HDR picture based on ambient light. AI-enhanced audio fills any room with immersive sound.
6. Amazon Fire TV 65" Omni Series 4K Smart TV
- 65” 4K Ultra HD display with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG
- Alexa built-in for hands-free voice control of TV and smart home
- Wide viewing angle screen ideal for rooms with mixed seating
- Cinematic audio with support for Dolby Digital Plus
- Multiple HDMI inputs including 1 eARC port
- Designed for wall mounting with slim profile and no gap
Amazon‘s first smart TV seamlessly integrates live TV and streaming with Alexa voice capabilities. Switch inputs, search for titles, play music, and control smart home devices completely hands-free. Dolby Vision transforms the 4K picture with ultra-vivid imaging. The wide viewing angle panel ensures everyone enjoys the same great experience.
7. Vizio M55Q7-J01 55” 4K QLED HDR Smart TV
- 55” 4K Ultra HD Quantum Color QLEDTM display
- Vivid colors with over a billion hues from Quantum Dot technology
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG support
- IQ ActiveTM Processor for intelligent 4K upscaling
- Built-in Chromecast, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay 2
- Sleek, bezel-less design in dark metallic gray
Vizio’s M-Series television combines Quantum Dot performance and intelligent 4K upscaling powered by the IQ ActiveTM processor. Dolby Vision HDR content pops from the screen thanks to its billion-plus color range. Chromecast built-in makes mirroring content from mobile devices a breeze. Its frameless design blends into any space stylishly.
8. TCL 55” Class 4-Series 4K UHD HDR LED Roku Smart TV
- 55" 4K Ultra HD LED display panel for four times the resolution of Full HD
- High Dynamic Range technology for enhanced clarity and contrast
- Roku TV with simple interface for quick access to thousands of streaming channels
- Built-in Wi-Fi for streaming, browsing, and gaming without wires
- Voice controls via compatibility with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant devices
- Slim profile for a clean, modern aesthetic
This TCL 4-Series TV combines 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range for impressive clarity and vivid color at an affordable price point. The intuitive Roku TV platform offers quick access to thousands of streaming channels. Easy voice control expands functionality, while the streamlined design is perfect for small spaces.
What to Consider When Buying a TV Under $1100
Here are some key factors to keep in mind when shopping for a TV in this price range:
Look for a 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) display for the sharpest picture quality. 4K resolution has 4 times as many pixels as 1080p Full HD televisions and shows improved clarity and detail.
The two most common display technologies are LED/LCD and OLED. LED/LCD TVs use LED backlighting for brightness uniformity and energy efficiency. OLED TVs have self-illuminating pixels that switch off for perfect blacks and infinite contrast.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) expands a TV‘s contrast and color range for more realistic and nuanced images. Top HDR formats to look for include HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG.
A higher refresh rate, measured in hertz (Hz), makes fast motion look smoother and reduces blur. Aim for at least 60Hz, but 120Hz is ideal for sports fans and gamers.
Smart TV Platform
Smart TVs allow you to stream movies, shows, music and more over Wi-Fi without any extra devices. Popular platforms include webOS, Android TV, Roku TV, and Fire TV.
Check that your TV has enough HDMI ports for your media peripherals like gaming consoles and Blu-ray players. Look for at least 3-4 ports.
Many affordable TVs have only basic built-in speakers. Consider adding a soundbar or home theater system for an immersive audio experience.
How to Get the Most Out of Your New TV Under $1100
Once you‘ve brought home your new television, here are some tips to optimize it for the best viewing experience:
Perform any needed calibrations: Most TVs have settings for tweaking aspects like brightness, contrast, color temperature, and more. Use built-in calibration tools or test patterns to dial in the picture.
Adjust picture settings for your room: Account for factors like room lighting and seating position to optimize the picture for your unique setup. Enable modes like "Dark Room" or "Vivid" as needed.
Use device-specific HDMI ports: Some TVs have HDMI ports optimized for gaming consoles or Blu-ray players. Connect devices to the appropriate inputs.
Update TV firmware and apps: Keep your apps, platform software, and TV firmware up to date for the latest features and performance enhancements.
Mount and cable manage for clean look: Wall mounting the TV and neatly organizing cords maintains an inviting entertainment space.
Add accessories to enhance sound: To transform audio, add wireless rear speakers, a subwoofer, or a full-fledged surround sound system.
Enable voice control: Connect TVs with built-in or external microphones to home assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant for hands-free navigation.
Enjoy Exceptional Value with the Best TVs Under $1100
While flagship televisions can cost several thousand dollars, it‘s possible to get premium features and performance while sticking to a $1100 budget. Advancements in display panel production, processing power, and operating systems have made formerly high-end capabilities accessible in mid-range models.
The TVs in this guide showcase how today‘s sub-$1100 category provides amazing 4K resolution, high dynamic range imaging, smart streaming platforms, and other enhancements that were once exclusive to pricey sets. Picture quality is stunning, features are abundant, and designs are sleek.
No matter which model you choose, investing in one of the best TVs under $1100 will reward you with an impressive home entertainment centerpiece that excels at movies, shows, games, and more without breaking the bank. Happy shopping!