Andy Grammer is an American singer-songwriter known for his upbeat pop hits that combine catchy melodies with inspiring lyrics. Since bursting onto the music scene in 2011 with his chart-topping single "Keep Your Head Up," Grammer has amassed a loyal fanbase drawn to his positive messages and energetic live performances.
Andy Grammer‘s Profile
|Full Name||Andrew Charles Grammer|
|Born||December 3, 1983|
|Birthplace||Los Angeles, California|
|Spouse||Aijia Lise (married 2012)|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Hip Hop|
|First Album||Andy Grammer (2011)|
|Biggest Hit||"Honey, I‘m Good" (2014)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Social Media||Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok|
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Andrew Charles Grammer was born on December 3, 1983 in Los Angeles, California. He is the son of Kathryn Willoughby, a singer, and Robert Grammer, a musician and producer. Music ran in the family – his grandfather was acclaimed violinist Jeno Donath.
Grammer began playing the trumpet and later taught himself the guitar and piano. He started writing songs and performing in his teens, before studying music at California State University, Northridge. After college, Grammer busked on Santa Monica Pier and played shows at small LA venues while working odd jobs.
Rise to Fame with "Keep Your Head Up"
In 2010, Grammer landed a meeting with music manager Ben Singer that led to a record deal with S-Curve Records. His first single "Keep Your Head Up" dropped in 2011 and quickly became a hit. The uplifting anthem combines pop, hip hop and adult contemporary sounds while delivering an empowering message about persevering through tough times. It peaked at #9 on the Billboard Hot 100 and went double platinum.
The song‘s popularity propelled Grammer‘s debut album Andy Grammer to chart success when it released in 2011. It features his signature blend of infectious melodies, lyrical substance and an overall feel-good vibe. The album reached the Top 20 of the Billboard 200 and earned Grammer the Best New Artist award at the 2012 People‘s Choice Awards.
Continued Chart Success
Grammer has continued releasing successful singles and albums over the past decade. His sophomore album Magazines or Novels arrived in 2014 featuring the upbeat hit "Honey, I‘m Good" which topped charts worldwide. His 2017 album The Good Parts spawned the anthemic single "Fresh Eyes" and led to Grammer‘s first ever Broadway role in Waitress.
His latest release is 2020‘s Naïve, which combines his signature sound with raw, personal themes. Across his discography, Grammer has amassed billions of streams and sold over 10 million tracks worldwide. His awards include 2 Billboard Music Awards, a Teen Choice Award and a Daytime Emmy Nomination.
Upbeat Live Performer
Beyond recordings, Andy Grammer has earned a reputation as an incredible live performer. His concerts feature non-stop energy as he sings, raps, plays guitar and gets the crowd going. Fans love his audience interaction and impromptu performing – whether beatboxing or freestyling. He‘s opened for major acts like Train, Colbie Caillat and Natasha Bedingfield and headlined his own tours across the globe.
Andy Grammer Timeline
- 1983 – Born in Los Angeles, California on December 3
- Early 2000s – Starts writing songs and playing local shows after college
- 2009 – Meets manager Ben Singer while working as a waiter
- 2011 – Breakthrough single "Keep Your Head Up" becomes a hit
- 2011 – Releases debut album Andy Grammer
- 2012 – Wins People‘s Choice Award for Best New Artist
- 2014 – Achieves worldwide success with "Honey, I‘m Good"
- 2017 – Stars on Broadway as Dr. Pomatter in Waitress
- 2020 – Releases fourth studio album Naïve
Why We Love Andy Grammer
Beyond his musical talents, there are many reasons Andy Grammer has won over so many fans:
- Positive Lyrics: His songs are uplifting and share messages of hope and perseverance.
- Infectious Energy: His concerts are lively celebrations full of dancing and crowd interaction.
- Multi-Talented: He can sing, rap, play instruments, freestyle and beatbox.
- Genuine Personality: Grammer is humble, down-to-earth and grateful for his success.
- Family Man: He gushes about his wife and kids and shows his tender side.
- Fun Videos: His social media features hilarious behind-the-scenes moments.
- Inspiring Story: He overcame early struggles and fulfilled his dreams through hard work.
5 Interesting Facts About Andy Grammer
- His stage name is a shortened version of his real last name, Grammatico – an Italian name from his grandfather.
- He studied music and psychology in college before becoming a full-time musician.
- Grammer got his big break in music after singing a song for his future manager while working as a waiter.
- He auditioned for NBC‘s singing competition The Voice but did not make it past the preliminary blind auditions.
- His hobbies include snowboarding, cooking, yoga and hanging out with his family.
Andy Grammer Net Worth
Thanks to his hugely successful music career, Andy Grammer has an estimated net worth of $10 million as of 2022. His wealth comes from record sales, streaming royalties, tours and merchandise. Brand deals with companies like Honey Nut Cheerios have also added to his income. With his continued output of chart-topping feel good hits, Grammer‘s net worth will likely continue rising.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Andy Grammer‘s birthday?
Andy Grammer was born on December 3, 1983. He turns 39 in 2022.
What is Andy Grammer‘s height?
Andy Grammer is 6 feet 1 inch tall.
Where is Andy Grammer from originally?
Grammer was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. He has lived in LA his whole life.
What religion is Andy Grammer?
Grammer was raised Christian but does not identify with any one particular denomination. Faith and spirituality are common themes in his music.
Is Andy Grammer married?
Yes, Andy Grammer has been married to wife Aijia Grammer (nee Lise) since 2012. They have two daughters together.