Barbara Eden Quick Facts
|Full Name||Barbara Eden|
|Birthday||August 23, 1931|
|Born||Tucson, Arizona, United States|
|Spouse||Jon Eicholtz (since 1991)|
|Children||1 son (deceased)|
|Height||5‘ 4" (1.63 m)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Instagram|
Barbara Eden is an American actress, singer, and producer best known for her starring role as Jeannie in the 1960s sitcom I Dream of Jeannie.
Noteworthy Career Moments
Barbara Eden has had a prolific career spanning over 60 years in the entertainment industry. Here are some of the most significant highlights:
- First major role – Starred in 1957 film Back from Eternity which marked her feature film debut.
- Broadway debut – Played the lead role of Annie Oakley in the musical Destry Rides Again on Broadway in 1959.
- Jeannie fame – Her career-defining role as Jeannie in NBC‘s I Dream of Jeannie (1965-1970) made her a global star.
- Golden Globe nominations – Earned Golden Globe nominations for Best Female TV Star for Jeannie in 1967, 1968 and 1969.
- Film with Elvis – Appeared alongside Elvis Presley in the musical comedy The Wonderful World of Disney in 1972.
- Primetime soaps – Had major roles in hit primetime soaps like Dallas and Harper Valley PTA in the 80s.
- Animated series – Voiced characters in animated shows like Sabrina, the Teenage Witch and Futurama.
- Recent work – Continues to act occasionally with cameo roles in shows like Army Wives (2013)
The Allure of Barbara Eden
Barbara Eden is adored around the world for many reasons:
- She is down-to-earth and friendly despite her fame and success. Her warm persona makes her very likable.
- She pioneered the "magical sitcom" genre by playing Jeannie with perfect comic timing.
- Her ageless beauty, signature blonde hair and dazzling smile are timeless. She was a fashion icon in her prime.
- She persevered through personal tragedies with grace and never let it affect her work.
- Her optimistic attitude and zen-like approach to life is admirable. She believes in living in the moment.
- Her long career shows her dedication to her craft. She worked hard over decades to build an impressive body of work.
5 Captivating Facts About Barbara Eden
Below are some fascinating facts about the actress that showcase her colorful life:
- Barbara Eden‘s Jeannie costume became a popular culture phenomenon, influencing fashion trends in the 60s. The iconic harem pants she wore were dubbed "Jeannie bottles".
- She was discovered for her role in I Dream of Jeannie by Sidney Sheldon, who was the show‘s creator as well as a novelist.
- She has been married three times – to actors Michael Ansara and Charles Donald Fegert, and her current husband Jon Eicholtz, a real estate executive.
- Her 2011 memoir Jeannie Out of the Bottle was a New York Times Bestseller and gave an intimate look into her life and career.
- She is trained in opera singing and released several music albums over the years like "Miss Barbara Eden" and "The Wonderful World of Disney".
Barbara Eden‘s Life Today
At 92 years old, Barbara Eden lives a comfortable life focused on family, charity work and connecting with fans. Some updates on her current lifestyle:
- Resides in a lavish Beverly Hills mansion with husband Jon Eicholtz who she married in 1991.
- Despite her age, she maintains an active lifestyle practicing yoga and going on long walks. She also watches her diet carefully.
- She participates in meetings for the Michael J. Fox Foundation to raise awareness for Parkinson‘s disease.
- Attends fan conventions frequently and enjoys reminiscing about her career and meeting devotees of her work.
- Remains fond of her Jeannie character and appreciates the lasting love people have for the show.
- Her latest credited acting role was in the 2019 TV movie My Adventures with Santa produced by her own production company.
With her eternal optimism, warm persona and impressive body of work, Barbara Eden remains one of the most iconic American entertainers of all time. She is truly a national treasure whose magic will continue to delight generations to come.