|Full Name||Andrew Alfred Scott|
|Birthday||April 28, 1978|
|Wife||Linda Phan (m. 2018)|
|TV Show||Property Brothers, 2011-present|
|Net Worth||~$100 million|
Andrew Alfred "Drew" Scott has become a household name as one-half of the wildly popular Property Brothers duo on HGTV. But beyond just helping house hunters as the realtor twin brother on the show, Drew is an accomplished entertainer, philanthropist, author, and businessman who has built a media empire with his identical twin Jonathan.
Early Life and Career
Born in 1978 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Drew Scott grew up with brother Jonathan playing ice hockey, performing theater, dabbling in magic tricks and more. After high school, the 6‘4" twins attended university together and continued honing their acting skills.
In the early 2000s, Drew started flipping houses and working in real estate, while also booking minor TV and film roles. Some early credits included:
- Breaker High (1997-1998)
- Smallville episodes (2004-2005)
- Indie films like Giant Killer Ants (2006)
But it was in 2011 when the Scott brothers made their big breakthrough on HGTV. Their new show Property Brothers, with Drew as the realtor and Jonathan as the contractor, was an instant hit. Fans loved the sibling banter and watching the transformations.
Raking in the Millions
Thanks to Property Brothers‘ wild popularity, Drew Scott‘s estimated net worth is over $100 million (jointly with Jonathan). The show has run for 14 seasons and counting, not to mention several spinoffs. Other income sources fueling the brothers‘ wealth include:
- Scott Brothers Entertainment production company
- Scott Living furnishings line
- Dream Homes custom luxury homes
- Sponsored content/ads on social media
- Books, merchandise, speaking engagements
- Real estate investments
In 2018, Drew and Jonathan were inducted into Canada‘s Walk of Fame as top-earning Canadian celebrities. While fame happened quickly, their success was years in the making.
Drew met his now-wife Linda Phan when she was working at HGTV. The couple dated for over 6 years before:
- Getting engaged in 2016 in Toronto
- Marrying in a lavish ceremony in Italy in 2018
- Honeymooning around Europe for nearly a month
The twins have both talked about wanting kids someday. Fans love Drew and Linda‘s Instagram photos and snaps from events walking red carpets together.
Philanthropy and Causes
Giving back has always been important to the Scott brothers. Drew supports:
- WE Charity, building schools overseas
- Wildlife conservation efforts
- St. Jude‘s Ranch for Abused Children
- Global sustainability initiatives
In 2020, Drew and Jonathan took the Giving Pledge, promising to donate the majority of their wealth to charitable causes either during their lifetimes or in their wills.
Fun Facts About Drew
What else is interesting about this charming Property Brother?
- Drew is one minute younger than Jonathan – but an inch taller!
- He worked at McDonald‘s as a teen and was fired for giving too many free soft serve cones to friends
- Magic and illusions have been a lifelong hobby – he‘s performed professionally
- Drew is an animal lover, especially giraffes and pandas
- He‘s a big Disney fan and tries to visit Disney theme parks often
- Drew has said his celebrity crush is Jennifer Aniston
Frequently Asked Questions
How did Property Brothers start? Drew and Jonathan pitched the show idea to HGTV in 2010 after success with an earlier show. It debuted in 2011 and became a massive hit.
What was Drew‘s career before TV? He worked in real estate, flipped over 100 homes, and had some small acting roles.
Is Drew Scott married? Yes, he married long-time girlfriend Linda Phan in Italy in 2018. The couple currently resides in Los Angeles.
Does Drew have children? Not yet – both Drew and Jonathan hope to have kids someday.
What is Drew Scott‘s net worth? Approximately $100 million jointly with twin brother Jonathan.
Where did the Scott brothers grow up? They grew up in Vancouver, Canada and performed together from a young age.
Is everything real on their shows? While some timelines and details are adjusted for TV, the brothers strive to make the shows as authentic as possible.
What‘s Next for Drew?
As Drew Scott approaches his mid-40s, there‘s no sign of him slowing down anytime soon. Fans can expect:
- More seasons of Property Brothers and spinoff shows
- New Scott Living collections and Dream Home projects
- Philanthropy work and Giving Pledge donations
- Starting a family with wife Linda
With his charisma, business savvy, and famous twin by his side, Drew Scott‘s future looks bright. He continues to entertain, inspire kindness, and help families find their perfect homes.