|Full Name||Jennifer Joanna Aniston|
|Birthday||February 11, 1969|
|Social Media||Facebook / Twitter / Instagram|
Jennifer Aniston is a highly successful American actress and producer who has won multiple awards and become one of the world‘s highest-paid actresses. With her iconic role as Rachel Green on the classic sitcom Friends, Aniston captivated audiences and became a household name. Nearly 20 years later, she remains one of Hollywood‘s most bankable stars.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Jennifer Joanna Aniston was born on February 11, 1969 in Sherman Oaks, California to soap opera actor John Aniston and actress Nancy Dow. Aniston expressed an interest in acting from a young age and had her first professional role at age 11 in a stage production of Annie.
After high school, Aniston moved to New York City to pursue acting full time. She supported herself with part-time jobs as a telemarketer and bike messenger while taking acting classes and going on auditions. Her first television role was in 1990 on the series Molloy.
Breakout Role on Friends
Aniston got her big break in 1994 when she was cast as Rachel Green on the new NBC sitcom Friends. The show became a pop culture phenomenon, catapulting Aniston and her five co-stars to instant stardom. Her performance as Rachel earned Aniston an Emmy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and international fame.
Friends aired for 10 seasons from 1994-2004. The role defined Aniston‘s career and Rachel remains one of the most beloved sitcom characters of all time. Even today, Friends remains hugely popular due to syndication and streaming on platforms like Netflix.
Most Memorable Rachel Green Moments
- The famous "Rachel haircut" in Season 1
- "WE WERE ON A BREAK!" fight with Ross in Season 3
- Her first encounter with "The Rachel" at the coffee shop in Season 5
- Getting off the plane in the series finale
Life After Friends
Following the end of Friends, Aniston focused on transitioning to feature film work. She starred in a string of successful comedies including Bruce Almighty (2003), Along Came Polly (2004), The Break-Up (2006), Marley & Me (2008), Just Go With It (2011), Horrible Bosses (2011), and We‘re the Millers (2013). Her polished comic timing and relatable charm proved hugely marketable on the big screen.
Aniston also took on more serious roles in films like The Good Girl (2002), Friends with Money (2006), and Cake (2014). The latter earned her critical praise and a Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal of a chronic pain sufferer. In 2019, Aniston returned to television as the star and executive producer of the Apple TV+ drama series The Morning Show. Her performance earned her another Screen Actors Guild Award.
Top Grossing Films Starring Aniston
- Bruce Almighty (2003) – $484 million
- Marley & Me (2008) – $247 million
- Just Go With It (2011) – $215 million
- Horrible Bosses (2011) – $209 million
- We‘re the Millers (2013) – $270 million
In addition to acting, Aniston has also found success in the business world. She launched her own perfume line in 2010 which went on to become one of the top selling celebrity perfumes ever. Aniston also co-founded the production company Echo Films in 2008 which has produced several of her films along with other projects.
Aniston uses her fame and influence for philanthropic causes as well. She is a longtime supporter of groups like St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Feeding America, and the American Red Cross. After Hurricane Harvey in 2017, Aniston donated $500,000 to several charities supporting relief efforts.
Why We Love Jennifer Aniston
Despite her A-list fame, Jennifer Aniston comes across as incredibly down-to-earth and relatable. Here are just a few reasons why we can‘t get enough of America‘s Sweetheart:
- Her iconic hair – from "The Rachel" to her signature blonde locks, her hairstyles are always on point
- Her comedic chops – her perfect timing and delivery never fails to entertain
- Her girl next door charm – she seems like someone you could be best friends with
- Her vulnerability – she‘s open about challenges like her divorce from Brad Pitt
- Her determination – she overcame early career struggles to become a massive star
5 Interesting Facts About Jennifer Aniston
- She was born in Sherman Oaks, California and raised in New York City.
- Her godfather was actor Telly Savalas, best known for playing "Kojak."
- She worked odd jobs like telemarketer and bike messenger before getting her big acting break.
- She was tutored by the likes of Howard Fine and Milton Katselas early in her career.
- She was the first woman ever to win a Gotham Icon Tribute and received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2012.
Legacy as a Hollywood Icon
Now in her 50s, Jennifer Aniston remains a force in Hollywood. Her name still carries instant star power thanks to her decade-defining role on Friends. But she has long since proven herself a versatile actress capable of comedy, drama, and everything in between. Her charisma, comedic chops, and business savvy will surely keep her popular for years to come. She remains an inspiration to women in Hollywood and beyond.