|Full Name||Saif Ali Khan|
|Birthday||August 16, 1970|
|Spouse||Kareena Kapoor Khan|
|Children||Sara Ali Khan, Ibrahim Ali Khan, Taimur Ali Khan|
Saif Ali Khan is an actor and producer from the Pataudi family, known for films like Parampara, Yeh Dillagi, Dil Chahta Hai and Hum Tum. He has delivered several acclaimed performances throughout his career.
Saif Ali Khan was born on August 16, 1970 in New Delhi to former Indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan and renowned actress Sharmila Tagore. He has two sisters – Soha Ali Khan and Saba Ali Khan. Saif hails from the prominent Pataudi family, who were Nawabs of Pataudi. He spent his childhood between Delhi, Pataudi and Mumbai. For schooling, he attended Lawrence School, Sanawar. Later, he went to Winchester College in the UK for his graduation.
Saif Ali Khan married actress Amrita Singh in 1991 after a four year courtship. The couple have two children together – daughter Sara Ali Khan (born 1995) and son Ibrahim Ali Khan (born 2001). However, Saif and Amrita separated in 2004 and eventually divorced. In 2012, Saif married Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor after being in a relationship for a few years. They welcomed son Taimur Ali Khan in 2016. Saif maintains a cordial relationship with his ex-wife and they continue to co-parent their kids together.
Saif Ali Khan made his acting debut in 1993 with Yash Chopra‘s drama Parampara. However, his first success came with Aashiq Awara (1993) which won him the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut. Some of his most popular films include:
- Main Khiladi Tu Anari (1994)
- Yeh Dillagi (1994)
- Tu Chor Main Sipahi (1996)
- Dil Chahta Hai (2001)
- Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)
- Parineeta (2005)
- Omkara (2006)
- Race (2008)
- Cocktail (2012)
- Sacred Games (Netflix series, 2018)
Known for his versatility, Saif has played roles ranging from commercial to offbeat cinema. He won the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performance in Hum Tum (2004). He also has to his credit numerous popular awards like Filmfare, Screen, IIFA etc.
In addition to acting, Saif Ali Khan has produced several films through his production company Illuminati Films, launched in 2009. Some of the popular films from his banner include Love Aaj Kal (2009), Agent Vinod (2012), Go Goa Gone (2013) and Kaalakaandi (2018). Saif has successfully dabbled in both commercial as well as creative film production.
Saif Ali Khan‘s contribution to Indian cinema has been recognized through numerous awards and honors. Some of his most prestigious achievements include:
- Padma Shri award by Government of India in 2010
- National Film Award for Best Actor for Hum Tum in 2005
- Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut for Aashiq Awara
- Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Hum Tum
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kal Ho Naa Ho
- Filmfare Award for Best Villain for Omkara
He maintains a distinctive style and appeal that makes him stand out as a Bollywood star.
Why He is Loved
As an ardent fan of Saif Ali Khan, here are some of the reasons why I admire him:
- His natural and relatable acting style that makes every character believable.
- Ability to pull off both commercial and offbeat roles with ease.
- Smooth transition from a romantic hero to character roles.
- Good looks and infectious charm that makes him a style icon.
- Unconventional choice of films like Being Cyrus, Omkara etc.
- Stellar performances in Dil Chahta Hai, Parineeta, Hum Tum etc.
- Revival of career with Race, Cocktail and other hits.
- Support for social causes like children‘s education and welfare.
For me, Saif represents the quintessential Bollywood hero who can make you laugh, cry and think with his performances.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is Saif Ali Khan‘s birthday?
Saif Ali Khan‘s birthday falls on August 16. He was born on August 16, 1970.
What is Saif Ali Khan‘s net worth?
Saif Ali Khan has an estimated net worth of around $40 million.
Is Saif Ali Khan related to Sharmila Tagore?
Yes, veteran actress Sharmila Tagore is Saif Ali Khan‘s mother.