|Full Name||Cameron Michelle Diaz|
|Birthday||August 30, 1972|
|Birth Place||San Diego, California, USA|
|Net Worth||$140 Million|
Cameron Diaz tops box office, awards with $3B US gross. As one of the most popular actresses of the past three decades, Cameron Diaz has delivered non-stop laughs and unforgettable performances across multiple genres. Let‘s take a closer look at her incredible career.
Modeling Launches Her Career
Born in San Diego, Diaz was pursuing a modeling career by age 16. Her stunning looks and charm earned her contracts with brands like Calvin Klein and Levi‘s. She appeared on the cover of Seventeen magazine and modeled in Australia, Japan, and Paris before turning to acting.
Instant Star Power in "The Mask"
Diaz‘s film debut was the 1994 smash hit "The Mask" opposite Jim Carrey. Despite having zero acting experience, the 22-year-old Diaz lit up the screen as the sultry, jazz-singing love interest Tina Carlyle. The movie exceeded $350 million at the box office and catapulted Diaz to instant stardom.
Rom-Com Queen in the 1990s
Diaz cemented her A-list status by starring in back-to-back romantic comedy hits. She played the conniving bridesmaid in 1997‘s "My Best Friend‘s Wedding" and the titular muse of 1998‘s "There‘s Something About Mary" opposite Ben Stiller. Her hilarious, unfiltered performance in the Farrelly brothers‘ raunchy comedy was a defining moment in her career.
Blockbuster Success with "Charlie‘s Angels"
In 2000, Diaz joined Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu to lead the action-packed reboot of "Charlie‘s Angels," which grossed over $260 million worldwide. For the 2003 sequel "Charlie‘s Angels: Full Throttle," Diaz made history as the first actress to earn a $20 million paycheck for a single film. She also voiced the ogre princess Fiona across the four "Shrek" movies during this era.
Dramatic Roles and Return to Comedy
Proving her versatility, Diaz took on more serious parts in movies like "Vanilla Sky" (2001), "Gangs of New York" (2002), and "In Her Shoes" (2005). But she also scored hits with comedies like "The Sweetest Thing" (2002), "What Happens in Vegas" (2008), and "Bad Teacher" (2011), for which she earned a Golden Globe nomination.
Winding Down Her Acting Career
In the 2010s, Diaz continued balancing drama and comedy, appearing in "The Counselor" (2013) and "Annie" (2014). But after marrying musician Benji Madden in 2015, she began retreating from the spotlight. She confirmed her acting retirement in 2018 but remains beloved by her fans around the world.
Why I Adore Cameron Diaz
As a devoted fan for 25+ years, here are just some of the reasons I adore Cameron Diaz:
- Her magnetic talent shines in both comedic and dramatic roles
- She paved the way for women‘s pay equality in Hollywood
- Her joyful spirit and glowing smile light up every film
- She‘s outspoken about causes she cares about like the environment
- She‘s remained remarkably down-to-earth despite her massive success
Cameron exudes an effortless star power that can‘t be manufactured. Onscreen or off, she‘s always been a breath of fresh air in Hollywood.
Top 3 Career Highlights
- There‘s Something About Mary (1998) – Diaz‘s hilarious, unfiltered performance took her stardom to new heights. From the hair gel scene to her chemistry with Ben Stiller, she was perfection.
- Charlie‘s Angels (2000) – As one of Charlie‘s most badass angels, Diaz kicked butt while cracking jokes alongside Drew Barrymore and Lucy Liu. She more than held her own in the action-packed blockbuster.
- Being John Malkovich (1999) – Diaz surprised audiences by playing against type as the eccentric, pet-obsessed Lotte opposite John Cusack. She effortlessly pulled off this quirky, dramatic role.
Fun Facts About Cameron
- She became a vegetarian at age 11 and is now a vegan.
- She has an avocado farm near Santa Barbara that produces organic avocados.
- She studied Japanese for 3 years in high school and is conversational in the language.
- She loves to surf and started at age 16 thanks to living near California beaches.
- She co-founded the sustainable wine brand Avaline after retiring from acting.
Cameron Diaz has consistently challenged expectations and reinvented herself over her decades-long career. Though she may be out of the spotlight now, her indelible mark on Hollywood remains. She paved the way for female stars and gifted us with so many memorable performances that will stand the test of time.