|Full Name||Deepika Padukone|
|Birthday||January 5, 1986|
Indian actress Deepika Padukone is highly-paid with 3 Filmfare Awards. She is one of the most popular and highest-paid actresses in India today, having delivered a number of hit films over her decade and a half career.
Born in Denmark to legendary badminton player Prakash Padukone, Deepika moved to Bangalore as a baby. She was a state-level badminton player in her teens but gave it up to become a model and actress. I remember seeing a fresh-faced Deepika in TV commercials as a teenager, and thinking even then she had the poise and grace of a star.
Deepika started out in 2006 with a lead role in the Kannada film Aishwarya opposite Upendra. The following year, she made her Bollywood debut in Farah Khan‘s blockbuster Om Shanti Om opposite Shah Rukh Khan. Her performance as the dual roles of Shanti and Sandhya won hearts instantly, and she took home the Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
Romancing Her Way to Stardom
In the late 2000s, Deepika starred in several romantic dramas like Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008), Love Aaj Kal (2009) and Housefull (2010). She looked absolutely dazzling and lit up the screen with her chemistry opposite actors like Ranbir Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan and Akshay Kumar.
But it was really 2013 that propelled Deepika to leading lady status in Bollywood. She delivered back-to-back blockbusters – the action thriller Race 2, the romantic comedy Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, the action comedy Chennai Express, and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela.
Critics praised her nuanced performances, and audiences loved her glamorous style and screen presence. The days of her being known as just a pretty face were over.
Reigning as Queen of Bollywood
In 2014 came the role that I think defined Deepika as a powerhouse performer – Leela in Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela. She won her second Filmfare Award for Best Actress for portraying the fiery, fearless Leela to perfection.
The next year, Deepika took on perhaps her most challenging role, and delivered a masterpiece performance as the brave Rajput queen Mastani in Sanjay Leela Bhansali‘s historical epic Bajirao Mastani. Her impeccable acting earned her a National Award for Best Actress.
Today, Deepika stands tall as the highest paid actress in Bollywood. She has an unparalleled combination of blockbuster hits, critical acclaim, fashion icon status and global fame under her belt.
From her bold #MyChoice video advocating for women’s empowerment to speaking out candidly about depression, Deepika has emerged as an inspirational voice for social change. As a fan, it has been magical to watch Deepika‘s journey from a nervous newcomer to the reigning Queen of Bollywood.
Why Deepika Padukone Rules
Here are just some of the reasons why Deepika is in a league of her own:
- Acting Range: She can make you laugh, cry, and leave you shaking with rage – sometimes all in the same movie! Her emotional depth and ability to get into any character are superb.
- Style Icon: Deepika is a trendsetter when it comes to fashion. She carries off everything from sultry sarees to edgy streetwear with equal panache.
- Intelligence: Deepika is extremely well-spoken. She gives thoughtful, articulate interviews speaking her mind fearlessly. A thinking actress.
- Regal Grace: She has an old-world dignity and grace in the way she conducts herself, reminiscent of royalty. Queen-like indeed!
- Philanthropic Spirit: Deepika’s mental health foundation and other humanitarian efforts to help children truly come from the heart. A giving soul.
Interesting Facts About Deepika
Let‘s take a look at some fascinating facts about Deepika Padukone that showcase her versatility:
- She was state badminton champion as a teenager before entering films.
- Deepika is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer and once gave a dance performance at Buckingham Palace.
- She became the first Indian actress to feature in the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2018.
- Deepika owns an extravagant luxury apartment in Mumbai worth over $7.5 million.
- She is brand ambassador for over 17 high-profile brands including Adidas, Swarovski, Oppo Mobiles and more.
Deepika Padukone‘s Legacy
As Deepika continues reaching new heights in her career, her legacy as a Bollywood legend is already set in stone.
- She has delivered 11 films grossing over ₹1 billion, with several ranking among India‘s highest-grossing movies.
- She made history as the first woman to enter the ₹2 billion club with Chennai Express.
- With her Hollywood debut in XXX: Return of Xander Cage, she put Indian talent on the global map.
- Young girls look up to Deepika as an inspirational icon of success, independence and women‘s empowerment.
At just 37, Deepika Padukone has achieved extraordinary success and influence. She has strengthened portrayals of women in Indian cinema and broken gender barriers through her talent and determination. As her proud fan, I eagerly look forward to many more stellar performances and global impact from Deepika in the years ahead!