|Full Name||Hoda Kotb|
|Birthday||August 9, 1964|
|Born||Norman, Oklahoma, United States|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Instagram|
As a longtime fan, I’m thrilled to share an in-depth profile of Hoda Kotb – the quick-witted yet compassionate co-anchor who greets viewers each morning on NBC‘s Today with a warm smile and words of wisdom. Ever since she joined the show in 2007, her positivity and resilience have touched the hearts of millions of Americans.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Hoda Kotb was born in 1964 in Norman, Oklahoma. With Egyptian immigrant parents, she grew up valuing her ethnic heritage. After earning a broadcast journalism degree at Virginia Tech in 1986, Hoda landed her first on-air job at a Mississippi CBS affiliate. She swiftly rose through the local news ranks, gaining experience in Illinois and Florida before settling at WWL-TV in New Orleans.
“I was always fascinated by journalists and respected what they did. I knew it was a calling for me from a very young age.” – Hoda Kotb
In 1998, Kotb achieved a career milestone when she was hired by NBC‘s Dateline. She honed her interview skills covering impactful stories worldwide as a correspondent for over a decade.
Tenure at The Today Show
- 2005 – First joined Today as contributor and substitute co-host
- 2007 – Officially named co-host of fourth hour of Today
- 2018 – Made history as part of first all-female anchor duo after Matt Lauer‘s departure
- 2022 – Releases memoir \"I Really Needed This Today\"
Some of Kotb‘s most memorable Today interviews include:
- Barack Obama – Emotional 2009 one-on-one with then-President Obama
- Carrie Underwood – Spoke to Underwood in 2015 about recovering from facial injuries
- Cast of Friends – Had the former castmates in tears during 2021 reunion interview
She has also shared heartfelt conversations about adoption, cancer battles, and overcoming hardship.
Awards and Honors
Kotb’s illustrious broadcasting career has earned her numerous honors:
- Edward R. Murrow Award (2002 & 2005)
- Gracie Award for Best Talk Show (2010)
- Emmy Award as part of Today Show (2010)
- Peabody Award (2016)
- Inducted into Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame (2022)
“Winning awards has never been my goal,” she said. “It’s truly all about connecting with people.”
Kotb is also renowned for publicly overcoming adversity. In 2007, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. She shared her difficult journey and eventual triumph as a cancer survivor.
Later in life, Kotb adopted two baby girls – Haley Joy in 2017 and Hope Catherine in 2019. She relishes motherhood in her 50s and loves sharing stories about her girls.
With her inspirational books like Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair, Cancer and Kathie Lee, Kotb spreads a message of finding joy and embracing life’s imperfect moments.
“I’m a big believer that life gives you what you need – exactly when you need it,” she wrote. Her wisdom and outlook on life resonate deeply with fans.
With her trailblazing career, courageous spirit, and contagious enthusiasm, Hoda Kotb represents the heart and soul of Today. She continues captivating viewers with her warmth, humor and words of encouragement each morning.