Full Name: Reginald Alfred Bush Jr.
Birthday: March 2, 1985
Birthplace: Spring Valley, California
Height: 6′ 0′′
Relationship Status: Married to Lilit Avagyan
Net Worth: Estimated $14 million
Reggie Bush is a former American football running back who had an illustrious college and professional career. He is considered one of the most electrifying, versatile and talented players of his generation. Here is an in-depth look at Reggie Bush‘s life and prolific football career:
Early Life and High School
- Grew up in Spring Valley, California with his parents and siblings. His stepfather, Lamar Griffin, played a key role in his life and inspired Bush‘s love of football.
- Starred in football, basketball and track at Helix High School in San Diego. Rushed for nearly 5,000 yards and scored 450+ points.
- Named 2004 High School Player of the Year by USA Today and was one of the most highly recruited prep players ever.
Dominance at USC
- Attended University of Southern California from 2003-2005 on a football scholarship.
- Had a historically great college career as a multifaceted running back under coach Pete Carroll.
- 3,169 rushing yards, 25 TDs
- 1,301 receiving yards, 13 TDs
- 2,611 kick return yards, 4 TDs
- Won the 2005 Heisman Trophy in a landslide, becoming the first junior to win the prestigious award.
Outstanding NFL Career
- Drafted 2nd overall in 2006 by the New Orleans Saints. Signed a 6-year, $62 million rookie deal.
- Electrifying runner who made highlight reels with his agility and speed. nicknamed "Dash Bush"
- Key contributor on the Saints 2009 Super Bowl championship team, racking up over 400 yards in the playoffs.
- 4x Pro Bowl selection (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Rushed for over 1,000 yards in 2011 with the Miami Dolphins. Total NFL stats: 5,490 rushing yards, 3,598 receiving yards, 40+ TDs.
Life After Football
- Officially retired from the NFL in 2017 after 11 seasons.
- Works as an analyst for Fox Sports‘ FS1, appearing on shows like The Herd and Speak for Yourself. Also does NFL commentary.
- Invests in various business ventures including an athlete-focused marketing agency.
- Launched educational program called Professor Bush to promote literacy in underserved communities.
- Married dancer/choreographer Lilit Avagyan in 2014. Has 3 children.
- Remains popular with fans and widely considered one of the most dynamic, successful players of the 2000s era. His legend continues to grow.
Reggie Bush lived up to the massive hype in college and delivered numerous breathtaking plays during his NFL career. On and off the field, he continues to have an impact as a broadcaster, investor, philanthropist and role model.