|Full Name||Todd Gurley II|
|Birthday||August 3, 1994 (age 29)|
|College||University of Georgia|
|NFL Draft||2015 – Round 1, Pick 10 by St. Louis Rams|
|NFL Teams||St. Louis/Los Angeles Rams (2015-2019), Atlanta Falcons (2020)|
|NFL Stats||5,404 rushing yards, 58 rushing TDs|
|Social Media||Instagram, Twitter|
Todd Gurley played six dynamic NFL seasons, was a superstar at the University of Georgia where he was All-SEC, and was drafted 10th overall by the St. Louis Rams in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Early Life and Family
Born in Baltimore, Maryland, Todd Gurley grew up with his family in North Carolina. His mother worked multiple jobs to provide for the family. Gurley credits his mother for instilling him with a strong work ethic and devotion to his family. In high school, Gurley emerged as a multisport athlete, starring in football, basketball and track.
Dominating the SEC at Georgia
Gurley chose to play college football at the University of Georgia, where he immediately became a standout running back. As a freshman in 2012, Gurley rushed for 1,385 yards and 17 touchdowns. He continued to dominate the following season, with 989 rushing yards and 10 TDs in just 10 games before tearing his ACL.
Despite the injury, Gurley won prestigious honors including:
- SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2013)
- First Team All-SEC (2012, 2013)
- Consensus All-American (2013)
When healthy, Gurley was virtually unstoppable at Georgia. His rare blend of speed, power, and athleticism made him one of the most feared offensive players in college football.
NFL Career Highlights
The St. Louis Rams selected Todd Gurley 10th overall in the 2015 NFL Draft. Here are some highlights from his acclaimed six-year NFL career so far:
Rookie Season (2015):
- 1,106 rushing yards, 10 TDs
- Named AP Offensive Rookie of the Year
Breakout Season (2017):
- Led NFL with 1,305 rushing yards and 13 rushing TDs
- Added 64 catches for 788 receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs
- Named AP Offensive Player of the Year
- First Team All-Pro in 2017, 2018
- 3x Pro Bowl selection (2015, 2017, 2018)
- Helped lead Rams to Super Bowl LIII appearance (2018 season)
- Holds NFL record for most rushing TDs by a rookie (10 in 2015)
Gurley has been a premier offensive weapon, with over 5,400 career rushing yards and 58 rushing touchdowns so far. When healthy, he has consistently been among the NFL‘s elite running backs.
At 6’1” and 224 pounds, Gurley combines impressive power with breakaway speed. Some attributes that make him special:
- Patience – Waits for blocks to develop before bursting through hole
- Balance – Maintains body control through contact, tough to bring down
- Vision – Sees cutback lanes and finds daylight
- Breakaway Speed – Clocked 4.4s 40-yard dash, can outrun defenders
- Power – Pushes the pile and drags tacklers for extra yards
- Receiving Threat – Dangerous catching passes out of backfield
Gurley is the total package as a runner, adept at breaking tackles, making defenders miss, and outrunning opponents. He‘s also an advanced route runner with soft hands, making him a three-down threat.
Though just 29 and potentially with many seasons left, Todd Gurley has already cemented himself as one of the premier running backs of his generation. Some key notes about his legacy:
- Helped revolutionize the RB position as a dynamic runner and receiver
- At his peak, was virtually unstoppable behind Rams high-powered offense
- His rare combination of skills made him a human highlight reel
- Still holds NFL rookie record for rushing touchdowns (10 in 2015)
- Joins elite company as one of few RBs to win Offensive Player of Year (2017)
- Regarded as a “generational” talent due to his versatility and athleticism
If he can return to form after recent injuries, Gurley certainly has the talent to keep building his case as an all-time great. But no matter what, he‘ll be remembered for bringing exceptional excitement and ability to the field every time he touched the ball. Gurley is undoubtedly one of the most gifted running backs that football fans have ever witnessed.