|Full Name||Tara Donna Reid|
|Birthday||November 8, 1975|
About Tara Reid
Tara Donna Reid is an actress known for her memorable roles in popular films such as American Pie, The Big Lebowski, Josie and the Pussycats, and the Sharknado series. She was born on November 8, 1975 in Wyckoff, New Jersey.
With her trademark blonde hair, girl-next-door likeability, and witty sense of humor, Tara Reid became a favorite of teen audiences in the late 1990s for her parts in blockbuster comedies. However, she has proven over her decades-long career to be a versatile actress capable of indie films, nuanced dramatic roles, and self-mocking campy performances.
Early Life and Career Beginnings
Tara Reid got her first taste of fame as a child model and actress in commercials. She landed her first national commercial at age 6 for Crayola. Reid continued to study acting diligently through her teen years by attending performing arts summer camps.
After high school, Reid briefly attended the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC before deciding to focus on acting full-time. Her first major film role came in 1987 at age 12 playing a seductive vampire in the cult horror movie A Return to Salem‘s Lot.
Reid spent the early 90s landing minor parts on shows like Saved by the Bell and Days of Our Lives while also starring in indie movies like CrissCross. Her big break came in 1998 at age 23 when she was cast as Vicky in American Pie and as Bunny Lebowski in The Big Lebowski.
Rise to Fame in the Late 90s
Tara Reid became a star practically overnight with her back-to-back successes in American Pie and The Big Lebowski in 1998. As Vicky in American Pie, Reid charmed audiences with her portrayal of a confident yet vulnerable teenager. She went on to reprise the role in two popular sequels.
As Bunny Lebowski in the Coen Brothers cult classic The Big Lebowski, Reid left an impression in her brief but memorable performance of a sexy trophy wife with a unique accent. On the heels of these hits, Reid became a Hollywood "It Girl" appearing on magazine covers and at all the hot clubs.
Embracing the B-Movie Horror-Comedy Genre
While Reid struggled with being in the tabloids throughout the 2000s due to her partying lifestyle, she also began taking on more indie films and even became queen of the direct-to-video B-movie. Reid starred in several campy horror films by notorious director Uwe Boll including Alone in the Dark.
Reid truly made her mark by leading the outrageous Sharknado series starting in 2013. She played April Wexler in all 6 installments of the Syfy original franchise that went viral for its absurd shark attack plots. Reid leaned into the camp factor of Sharknado by writing the book How to Survive a Sharknado.
Other Career Highlights
- Became the first female host of E!‘s popular travel show Wild On! in 1999
- Launched her own clothing line called Mantra in the 2000s
- Competed on Celebrity Big Brother in the UK in 2011
- Co-founded the production company Hi Happy Films
- Published the autobiography Tara Reid: My Story in 2006
- Appeared in the documentary parody Sharknado 5: Global Swarming
- Voiced characters in animated projects like The Whispers
Why Tara Reid is So Lovable
Even after the ups and downs of her career, Tara Reid remains widely adored for:
- Her comedic timing and willingness to poke fun at herself
- Her resilience and determination in the face of setbacks
- Her carefree, down-to-earth spirit
- The nostalgia she evokes for 90s teens who grew up with her movies
- Her close relationship with fans through social media
- Her eternal girl-next-door charm and beauty
5 Fun Facts about Tara Reid
- She was born in New Jersey but spent summers as a teen lifeguarding in Belmar.
- Her first ever acting role was at age 6 in a Ronald McDonald commercial.
- She beat out Ashton Kutcher and Brittany Murphy to win her American Pie role.
- Reid briefly dated *NSYNC heartthrob Carson Daly.
- She was roommates with actress Lindsay Lohan for a year.
What‘s Next for Tara Reid
Reid has several new projects in the works across TV, film, and digital media:
- Starring in the upcoming holiday family film The Christmas Trap
- Appearing in more cheeky shark sequels like Attack of the Unknown
- Hosting and judging the beauty pageant reality show Styled by Fame
- Connecting with fans through TikTok under the username @tarareidofficial
- Continuing her iHeartRadio podcast Taradise
At 47, Tara Reid still entertains audiences with her horror-comedy roles, bubbly personality, and fun spirit. We can expect much more to come from this beloved multifaceted actress!