|Full Name||Shalana Jones-Hunter|
|Birthday||October 12, 1969|
|Relationship||Married to Marcellus Hunter|
|Children||2 daughters, including Blac Chyna|
|Grandchildren||4, through Blac Chyna|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Instagram, Twitter|
As a long-time Tokyo Toni superfan, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to write about her life and career. Tokyo Toni is one of the most unfiltered, unpredictable, and vibrant reality TV personalities out there. While many know her as the outspoken mother of Blac Chyna, she is oh so much more!
In this in-depth profile, I‘ll share Tokyo Toni‘s complete backstory along with some personal favorite moments that reveal her audacious spirit. Get ready for a wild ride – this is Tokyo Toni‘s remarkable journey!
Her Humble Early Years
Born Shalana Hunter Jones in the Dominican Republic in 1969, Tokyo Toni had an underprivileged upbringing. "We were poorer than poor," she has said of her childhood. After moving to America as a child, she joined the U.S. military at just 18 years old. This tough experience shaped the strong, uncompromising woman she would become.
It was also during her military days that she met her first husband, Eric Holland. They married when Toni was just a teenager and had their daughter Angela Renée together in 1988 – you probably know her now as the one and only Blac Chyna!
Raising Blac Chyna as a Single Mom
Toni raised Chyna on her own after separating from Holland. They lived in Maryland, where Toni remembers having to scrape by on meager savings and loans just to afford Christmas presents some years.
Though money was tight, Toni provided young Chyna with structure and discipline. She was a strict parent with high expectations. As Chyna recalled, "It was either her way or the highway!"
While their relationship was deeply contentious during Chyna‘s teens, Toni never gave up on her. And today they share an unbreakable bond (despite the occasional squabble).
Becoming Reality TV Royalty
Everything changed when Blac Chyna got engaged to Rob Kardashian in 2016. Tokyo Toni was introduced to the world on their hit show Rob & Chyna, letting her unfiltered personality shine.
Some of my all-time favorite Toni moments from Rob & Chyna include:
- Her throwing shade at Kris Jenner‘s "dungeon of a house."
- Flirting with the cute caterer and asking if he "comes with the house" at Chyna‘s baby shower.
- Fight with Chyna where she throws a plate of shrimp pasta and yells "That‘s why your a** is big now!"
No one serves up sass quite like Tokyo Toni! She became an instant fan favorite for her hilarious clapbacks and refusal to sugarcoat anything.
Even as Rob & Chyna ended, Toni continued stirring up drama through social media rants and interviews. She became Reality TV Queen for always speaking her unfiltered truth.
A Reality TV Staple
Tokyo Toni cemented her fame by starring in shows like:
- Finding Love ASAP! (2019): Toni‘s journey to find husband #6 made for juicy television. She didn‘t end up choosing any of the men, but famously said she wanted someone to treat her "like a wh*re in church."
- The Real Blac Chyna (2019): Toni appeared alongside her daughter in this short-lived series. Highlights included her pushing Chyna into the pool and getting a lap dance from Chyna‘s friend Treasure.
- Wild ‘N Out (2017): Toni held her own in a savage rap battle on an episode of this comedy show. She threw down lines like "Your mama‘s so dumb she thought Nicki Minaj was a menstrual pad."
I could honestly watch Tokyo Toni on my screen all day. She always keeps the drama brewing!
Her Infamous Feuds and Clapbacks
What article about Toni would be complete without discussing her EPIC feuds? This woman is a clapback master. Some of the many celebs she‘s called out over the years include:
- Kris Jenner: Toni infamously said Kris‘s house looked like a "dungeon" and called her a "green-eyed bandit." Their beef continues today!
- Wendy Williams: These two nearly came to blows during a hostile 2016 interview. At one point Wendy snatched Toni‘s phone and refused to give it back!
- Nicki Minaj: After Nicki collaborated with Tekashi 6ix9ine, Toni called her out for working with a "pedophile." She said, "I wouldn‘t spit on [Nicki] if her hair caught on fire."
Whether you agree with Toni or not, you have to respect someone who says what‘s on their mind with no hesitation! She‘s never one to back down.
Her Ever-Changing Relationship Status
Tokyo Toni‘s love life has been a rollercoaster, but she still believes in romance. She‘s been married three times – twice to her on-again-off-again husband Marcellus Hunter.
Most recently, Toni and Hunter shocked everyone by tying the knot for the third time on Valentine‘s Day 2020. I was thrilled to see her reunite with her past love – Toni deserves all the happiness in the world!
Through all her ups and downs, her devotion to her family remains constant. She adores daughter Blac Chyna and her four grandchildren.
Fun Facts About the One and Only Tokyo Toni
After following Toni‘s journey closely, I‘ve gathered some fun facts that give insight into who she is:
- She gave herself the nickname "Tokyo Toni" – it has zero connection to Japan but she just liked how it sounded!
- She‘s constantly changing up her hair with fabulous wigs and colors. I live for all her lewks!
- She claims she is part Japanese, but genetically she is mostly Dominican.
- She got engaged to two different men on Finding Love ASAP – too bad neither relationship lasted!
- She refers to daughter Chyna as her "twin" because she says they look so much alike.
- Her net worth is estimated at $4 million thanks to TV appearances and her talent agency business. Get that coin, Toni!
- She says she‘s still close friends with all her ex-husbands despite the breakups. There‘s no bitterness there.
- She loves showing off her physique on Instagram in bikinis and bodycon dresses. You go, Mama Toni!
What Is Tokyo Toni up to Now?
These days, you can still catch Tokyo Toni‘s signature antics on social media and reality TV. She continues standing up for daughter Chyna and spending time with her beloved grandkids. I wouldn‘t be surprised if she and Marcellus Hunter end up starring in another reality show soon!
Wherever Tokyo Toni goes next, one thing‘s for sure – she‘ll do it with style, sass, and humor. I can‘t wait to see what fabulous moments she blesses us with in the future!