TikTok has become one of the top social media platforms, with over 1 billion monthly active users. A major part of what makes TikTok so popular is the ability to easily reshare and repost videos.
Reposting is when you share someone else‘s video on your own TikTok profile for your followers to see. It allows viral videos, funny memes, talent showcases and more to spread across TikTok.
But there‘s an art to reposting properly – you want to entertain your audience while supporting other creators. In this comprehensive guide, we‘ll break down everything you need to know about reposting TikTok videos successfully.
Why People Repost Videos on TikTok
Before we dive in, let‘s look at some of the top reasons reposting has become so popular on TikTok:
- Exposure: Reposting helps smaller creators get more eyes on their content and build an audience.
- Appreciation: It‘s a way to publicly show you enjoy someone‘s content and style.
- Inspiration: Reposted videos can give you ideas for trends to try in your own content.
- Engagement: Sharing viral videos and memes keeps your followers interested and interacting.
- Entertainment: It‘s fun and simple to share laughs with your community!
In summary, reposting helps spread joy on TikTok while supporting hardworking creators. It‘s a win-win for everyone when done properly!
Step-by-Step: How to Repost a Video on TikTok
The process of reposting a video on TikTok is very straightforward:
- Find a video in your For You feed that you want to repost. Look for engaging content from creators you want to support.
- Tap the Share icon (the arrow) at the bottom right of the video.
- Select the Repost button.
- The video will instantly repost! Check your profile to confirm.
And that‘s it! The original creator‘s username will be attached to the repost. Feel free to add your own caption or hashtags before sharing.
Here is a table summarizing the simple reposting process:
|1||Find a video in your For You feed to repost|
|2||Tap the Share icon|
|3||Select the Repost button|
|4||Check your profile to confirm it posted|
It only takes a few seconds to repost a video – you‘ll be a pro in no time!
Undoing a Repost
Oops, accidentally reposted something you didn‘t mean to? Undoing a repost is just as easy:
- Go to your profile and tap on the reposted video.
- Hit the Share icon.
- Tap Remove Repost to delete it.
The video will instantly disappear from your profile. Phew, no more accidental reposts!
Tips for Reposting Like a Pro
Now that you know how to repost videos, follow these pro tips to take your TikTok game to the next level:
- Credit the creator in your caption and @ mention them.
- Ask permission first if reposting from friends or smaller creators.
- Add value with comments, emojis, or context.
- Follow the original poster to show support.
- Repost selectively – only stellar content.
- Use relevant hashtags so more people see your repost.
Giving credit and reposting selectively shows respect for creators while entertaining your followers. It‘s a win-win!
Reposting TikTok Videos with Photos
You can take reposting to the next level by adding your own photos too. Just follow these steps:
- Tap Share on the video you want to repost.
- Select “Add extra media” instead of Repost.
- Choose up to 4 photos from your camera roll.
- Arrange the photos in the order you want.
- Add a caption and hashtags as normal.
- Tap Post to share the video repost with photos!
Get creative with reaction selfies, behind-the-scenes pics, funny memes, and more. Photos let you put your own spin on a repost!
Best Practices for Smart Reposting
To keep your account in good standing, adhere to these reposting best practices:
- Always credit the creator in your caption and tag them.
- Ask permission if you have a relationship with the creator.
- Keep captions relevant, don‘t just copy the original.
- Use natural language in your captions.
- Add value through your own commentary.
- Limit to 1-2 reposts per day to avoid flooding feeds.
- Repost selectively – choose content aligned with your brand.
- Use relevant hashtags so it‘s seen by the right people.
In summary: Credit creators, post thoughtfully, and avoid flooding your profile. This keeps the TikTok community happy!
FAQs About Reposting TikTok Videos
Let‘s cover some frequently asked questions about reposting:
Can you get banned for reposting?
You won‘t get banned just for reposting, as it‘s a built-in TikTok feature. But you could get banned for stealing content or failing to credit creators.
Do you have to credit original creators?
Yes, always credit the original creator by @ mentioning them and giving verbal credit in your caption.
How many videos should you repost per day?
1-2 max per day is ideal. Reposting too much looks spammy.
Can you edit captions/add filters when reposting?
Yes! Feel free to edit the caption, use filters, insert photos, etc. to make it your own.
Will reposts show up in your profile grid?
No, reposts only appear in followers‘ For You feeds, not your main profile.
The Power and Responsibility of Reposting
When reposting goes viral on TikTok, it can create stars and launch trends. But remember – with great power comes great responsibility!
Avoid stealing content or failing to credit creators. Thoughtful reposting celebrates talent and lifts the TikTok community up.
So repost responsibly, give credit, and amplify awesome creators! This keeps TikTok fun and positive for everyone.