Full Name: Matthew Joseph Cohen
Birthday: September 28, 1982
Birth Place: Miami, Florida, United States
Height: 5‘ 11"
Net Worth: Estimated $2 million
Spouse: Mandy Musgrave (m. 2011-present)
Children: 1 son, Theodore Danger Cohen
Matthew Joseph Cohen is an accomplished television and film actor renowned for his memorable roles in shows like Supernatural, South of Nowhere, and General Hospital. With his rugged good looks, vulnerability, and undeniable charisma, Matt has captured the hearts of viewers for over 15 years. Let‘s explore his journey to stardom.
Early Life and Background
Born in Miami, Florida in 1982, Matt found a passion for performing at a young age. He participated in school plays and took local acting classes during his youth. After graduating from Florida International University‘s theater program in 2004, Matt decided to fully devote himself to acting. He soon made the move to Los Angeles to pursue his Hollywood dreams.
Breakthrough Role on General Hospital
In 2014, Matt landed his breakthrough role – Dr. Griffin Munro on the long-running ABC soap opera General Hospital. As the handsome neurosurgeon, Matt brought depth and nuance to the role. His natural talent allowed him to deftly handle the soapy drama. Loyal GH viewers quickly fell in love with Matt‘s character. He remained on the show for 3 exciting years until 2017.
Some of Matt‘s most notable roles include:
- Jack Pryor on South of Nowhere (2005-2006)
- Young John Winchester on Supernatural (2007-2020)
- A.J. Quartermaine on General Hospital (2014-2017)
- Aaron Bass on How to Get Away with Murder (2015-2016)
- Captain William Boone on Invasion (2021-present)
Matt has also made guest appearances on shows like House M.D., Criminal Minds, CSI: Miami, NCIS, and 90210.
Fun Facts About Matt Cohen
- Has a twin brother named Mandi who works in Hollywood.
- Huge Miami Dolphins and Florida Gators fan.
- Enjoys surfing, playing guitar, and photography.
- Animal welfare advocate who works with pet rescue organizations.
- Has said he would likely work with animals if he wasn‘t an actor.
- Father to son Theodore, born in 2015.
Why Fans Adore Matt
There are many reasons Matt Cohen has developed such a passionate fanbase over the years:
- His talent – Matt fully inhabits every role with emotional depth and nuance. His ability to connect with the audience is always impressive.
- His kindness – By all accounts, Matt is one of the nicest actors in Hollywood. He truly cares about his fans.
- His looks – With his tousled hair, soulful eyes, and infectious grin, Matt has undeniable charisma and screen presence.
- His causes – Matt uses his platform to support animal welfare, child literacy, and other philanthropic causes close to his heart.
- His family – Matt is a dedicated family man to his wife and son. His social media shows how important they are to him.
The Future Looks Bright
Matt Cohen‘s genuine talent, versatility, and magnetic charm have allowed him to continually captivate audiences. As his career progresses, we can expect many more phenomenal performances from this gifted actor. Matt‘s future in Hollywood certainly looks very bright! His fans will eagerly follow the next exciting chapter of his career.