|Full Name||Thomas William Schwartz|
|Birthday||October 16, 1982|
|Birth Place||Woodbury, Minnesota, United States|
|Net Worth||$4 million|
|Social Media||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram|
Born and raised in Minnesota, Tom Schwartz moved to Los Angeles in his early 20s to pursue modeling and acting. After struggling to find work, he took a job as a bartender at SUR restaurant where he was noticed by Lisa Vanderpump and cast on her new reality show Vanderpump Rules in 2013.
On the show, fans were captivated by Tom‘s magnetic relationship drama with girlfriend Katie Maloney and hilarious prank war with best friend Tom Sandoval. But there‘s much more to this lovable goofball than his on-screen antics!
Early Life & Pre-Reality TV Days
Tom Schwartz grew up in a typical suburban household in Woodbury, Minnesota along with two sisters. He had an average childhood and was described by his mother Kimberly as a "quiet, sensitive kid."
After high school, Tom attended Florida State University where he graduated in 2006 with a psychology degree. He then moved to Los Angeles to pursue modeling and acting.
However, Tom struggled to land roles initially. To pay the bills, he worked odd jobs like bartending and waiting tables. In 2010, he started working as a server at Lisa Vanderpump‘s new West Hollywood hotspot SUR restaurant and lounge.
Rise to Fame on Vanderpump Rules
In 2013, Bravo launched a new reality series called "Vanderpump Rules" following the lives of SUR‘s staff, including Tom. He was an original cast member along with his girlfriend Katie Maloney and best friend Tom Sandoval.
Fans were immediately drawn to Tom‘s charm and hilarious antics. His laidback personality and magnetic relationship drama with Katie became central storylines during Vanderpump Rules‘ early seasons.
Tom also won laughs from his epic prank wars and intimate bromance with fellow Tom Sandoval. The duo quickly became reality TV‘s favorite goofy friends.
Tumultuous Romance with Katie Maloney
Tom‘s on-again, off-again relationship with Katie was a major source of Vanderpump Rules drama early on. The two constantly fought and broke up, but always managed to reconcile.
Some highlights of their turbulent romance include:
- 2010: Tom and Katie meet at Villa Blanca and begin dating
- 2013-2014: Frequent breakups and makeups during early Vanderpump Rules seasons
- 2015: Brief split after Tom goes to Las Vegas and kisses another girl
- 2016: Tom proposes to Katie in New Orleans
- 2018: Wedding delayed after Tom admits cheating with a girl in Vegas years prior
- 2019: Tom and Katie finally wed in Northern California
Despite all the ups and downs, fans rooted for these two quirky souls to finally get their happy ending.
Epic Bromance with Tom Sandoval
Tom‘s intimate friendship with fellow SUR-ver and Vanderpump Rules castmate Tom Sandoval has been a huge point of interest for fans.
Their touchy-feely, joke-filled relationship spawned the nickname "TomTom" for the inseparable pair. Some of their most hilarious hijinks include:
- Elaborate prank wars escalating from parking lot paintball ambushes to glitter bomb attacks
- Joint male modeling shoots full of giggles and exaggerated poses
- Shared obsession with beauty treatments like Botox, facials and man-scaping
- Ridiculous drunken nights out ending in lost phones, ripped pants, and stumbles down the street
Tom and Tom‘s bromance has offered some much-needed comic relief during Vanderpump Rules‘ frequent drama.
Business Endeavors & Net Worth
In addition to his Vanderpump Rules fame, Tom has proven himself a savvy businessman:
- 2019: TomTom Restaurant Opens
Together with Lisa Vanderpump, Ken Todd and Tom Sandoval, Tom opened West Hollywood hotspot TomTom – a restaurant and bar with a playful speakeasy vibe. It became an instant success with Vanderpump Rules fans.
- "Good Times" Apparel Line Launch
Tom and Sandoval started the laidback, California-inspired clothing and accessories brand Good Times. It captures their fun-loving lifestyle.
Between Vanderpump Rules, TomTom, Good Times and other ventures, Tom has amassed an estimated net worth of $4 million.
Fun Facts & Memorable Moments
Tom Schwartz has endeared himself to Vanderpump Rules viewers not just through dramatic storylines, but with his quirky personality and hilarious antics. Some of his most memorable on-screen moments include:
- Showing up drunk to Lisa Vanderpump‘s tea party and calling her a "bad friend"
- Getting a penis cake with Tom Sandoval for Stassi‘s birthday
- Failing to file marriage paperwork properly not once but TWICE
- Slurring hilariously through countless drunken nights out
- Beating Sandoval in a spelling bee with the word "gossip"
- Showing off his awkward dad dancing moves at bars and clubs
- Frolicing through fields hand-in-hand with Sandoval during a romantic vineyard retreat
Tom Schwartz remains one of Vanderpump Rules‘ most lovably goofy characters. With his charm and business savvy, fans can‘t wait to see what endeavors he pursues next!